t5 or led

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by shoebox, Mar 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Marie0912

Marie0912 Fire Shrimp

When I first started the hobbie last year I was thinking about Leds but the cost of them drove me away, well guess what I regret buying the t5 and I am switching to leds this years. I have a 120 gallons and a canopy over my tank, last summer I had a hard time keeping my tank cool so I was thinking of a chiller. So with the cost of the t5 s and a chiller that was almost the leds unit. I am going to do diy led s soon, just to replace my bulbs this years would be 250$. Good luck with your decision

2. Click Here!

3. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

Marie you are doing a diy what bulbs have you decided on and who will the suppler My son is a electrical engineer and says once you find the right combination LED is the only way to go and he said helping me over the phone would be easy. Thanks for any input.

4. Marie0912

Marie0912 Fire Shrimp

5. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I am buy my Leds from www.LEDGroupBuy.com, buying my drivers from www.Nanotuners.com and heatsinks from www.heatsinkusa.com. I went with the big Thomas research drivers and am able to run 42 Leds per driver so I'll only have two drivers instead of having a bunch of meanwells.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

6. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

Malac when you plan on buying was hoping to follow you build.

7. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral