T5 Bulb Combinations w/ Pictures

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by GuitarMan89, Feb 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

That combination would be really blue. I would personally use 3 ATI specials and then fill in the rest with the Blue + and Super Actinic. I would also separate the specials more, but that's just my opinion. Post a pic of the tank with the light on to see what it looks like.

2. Click Here!

3. newsalt

newsalt Plankton

I had another row of Aquablue Special bulbs in, but I thought it looked too white. I prefer a "bluer" tank, something between a 14k and 20k. Can you recommend another white bulb that isn't that intense. Not sure if I'm describing this right, but a bulb that visually looks white, but puts off a "bluer" color. I was considering a UVL Indigo Sun bulb.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I agree.

There are way too many variables to get an accurate rendering.

5. jfannin

jfannin Flamingo Tongue

i must say, this thread helped out alot. So I thought I would give it a bump. Just with I would have found it sooner, I would already had my lighting :)

6. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

Getting ready to upgrade to a Nova Extreme pro 72". Any suggestions on which bulbs to use.Like the blue look, but would like something to help with growth as well.

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

How many bulbs is it?

8. Click Here!

9. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

I'm using these same bulbs and trying to figure out what I prefer... 2xAquablue and 2xActinic+....or substitute one Actinic+ for a Pure Actinic?

I don't mind the extra blue (minor) with 2 actinic+, however I do like extra fluresence. Actually, the two actinic+'s seem to have more effect, maybe b/c they have more PAR??? Either way, they look solid IMO.

10. Dr. Reefenstein

Dr. Reefenstein Fire Shrimp

This really is a great thread...

I am new to T5's, so I could use some help on my combination. it's a 48" tek elite 4x54w on a 72g BF mixed reef.

I was thinking...

2 ATI aqua blue+
    1 ATI blue special
    1 Fiji Purple

What do you think? I don't mind it being blue I just want to make sure it's enough light.

11. Zimmy71

Zimmy71 Bristle Worm

Can you grow any sps with a 4 bulb Tek system? Also I like the blue look and was wondering is there any advantage or disadvantage to that look?

12. Dr. Reefenstein

Dr. Reefenstein Fire Shrimp

Hey Zimmy I'm in Pembroke Pines too! small world.. As for the tek 4 bulb question, you can but the SPS has to be towards the top of the aquarium.