T5 Bulb Combinations w/ Pictures

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by GuitarMan89, Feb 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

Sorry Strickland, I have no experience with those Geismann bulbs. But do you get some sort of hookup deal from that supplier. Why can't you order some other bulbs off the net. ATI and UVL come highly recommended

I just ordered a 4x39w Tek 2 Retro system for my 40 Breeder tank, and this is the bulb combo I went with.

39w ATI Blue Plus,
    39w UVL 10000k Aqua Sun,
    39w UVL 12000 Actinic Wht,
    39w ATI Pro Color

Total package with tax and shipping. $306 from reefgeek.com

I prefer more of the white spectrum, but we will see. I like how the pro color will really pop off my coral's colors. But I may end up ordering some other bulbs down the line to experiment. I will defenetly throw up some as soon as I get them all hooked up

2. Click Here!

3. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

LoL, on the front of my t5 fixture i have mounted 3 Led Strips, each strip has 4x1 watt Leds all 10K, (these are just for the shimmer effect nothing more) that you dont get out of t5s. they work wonderfull and look very very good. i would recommend them to anyone that has T5s and wants the simmer effect.
    Current USA PowerBrite LED Lighting System, 4x1W 10000K

4. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

I dont like to hold out!!!! lol

5. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Here's my pictures.. They're pretty close to true representation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

48" Nova Extreme

Front:
    Fiji Purp
    ATI Blue+
    UVL Aquasun
    ATI Blue+

6. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

Ok, finally got my lights done. They still need a little tweeking on placement but I love the color. It is more on the white side, but there is a touch of blue and red in there.

My bulbs from Front/Left to Back/Right

39w UVL 10000k Aqua Sun,
    39w ATI Blue Plus
    39w ATI Pro Color
    39w UVL 12000 Actinic Wht
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can see in the back of the tank is more red, where the front is more blue. I think I am going to move the blue to the #3 or 4 spot and move the red to the #2 spot
    [​IMG]

7. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

imo,imo the people using the uvl bulbs had the best color.

i do not get the new go as blue as you can craze. (i even fell into it). i mean unless you like the washed out look...???

i switched from my uvl 50/50 setup. and now cant wait to get back, my corals do as well.

not only that but pics are a lot harder to take.

IMO

8. Click Here!

9. ~B~Low~HighTide

~B~Low~HighTide Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hmm if this is only bulbs to choose from... You want them to Grow. This combo will make tank White/Icyblue not too blue nor white (Shallow water look). It will still have Flouresing too.

Note:

White (10000/12000k and MIDDAY 6000K) tend to grow other things than Corals,,
    Can cause more green Calcarious Algee to grow instead of Purple due to more White/yellow light. This is also a spectrum in which Numerouse other Nusance algee's like. So i almost always never use MIDDAY SUN bulbs or more than 2x 10/12k bulb... It will be too White /yellow and wash out the blue bulbs which actually help balance things out in the Algee department.

FRONT

AUQUABLUE+ = 12/14k white/blue
    ATINIC+ = 14k medium light blue
    PUREATINIC = 420 flouresing (make corals pop)
    AUQUABLUE+ = 12/14k white/blue

BACK

If you Like the Light Blue 15ft-20ft look then go with (2X ATINIC+ and 1x AUQUABLUE+, 1x PUREATINIC)

" Ive done this for a friend and it looks very nice and still enables good growth. Also cuts down on the Algee .

Now,, This is where it gets very blue,,

If you want very deep water/blue look then get (3x ATINIC+ and 1x PUREATINIC).

Ultimate Deep BLUE (2x ATINIC+,,2x PUREATINIC) hippy style ,everything just glows.

The Pure Atinic is what really makes things Flourese 420. AUQUABLUE+ is more so white with hint of blue,, ATINIC+ is Blue with hint of flourese 420

My last 2cents,, ,, Youll notice a lot of tanks run a slightly blue hue with a Nice white balance ,,very little to No yellow light.

Yellow is for fugiums and algee.

Goodluck....

10. KY_Tanked

KY_Tanked Fire Worm

This was a great topic! Just wanted to bring it back up!

11. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I've been meaning to post these new pics for a while. About a month ago I got my new Tek 6x54w T5 fixture. I am now running...

UV Super Actinic
    Geissemann AquaBlue
    Aqua Science Blue
    Aqua Science Blue
    UV White Actinic
    UV Super Actinic

Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

12. newsalt

newsalt Plankton

I'm new to T5's. I have a 72" Aquactinics Constellation Fixture with 2 rows of 7 bulbs. What do you think of this combination:

FRONT
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Blue +
    UVL Super Actinic
    ATI Aquablue Special
    ATI Aquablue Special
    ATI Blue +