T5 Bulb Combinations w/ Pictures

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by GuitarMan89, Feb 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Alohastate335i

Alohastate335i Fire Worm

Sweet! I have a 6 bulb fixture too only I ordered 3 Blue plus, 2 aquablue specials and 1 purple plus. I'll post up some pics as soon as they arrive and are installed but I'm curious to see how your combo will look.

2. Click Here!

3. jdk

jdk Astrea Snail

I have heard that the Coral Plus is a nice bulb to use instead of the aquablue specials which are very white. New to t5s though so this is just what I have read

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Nova Extreme 2 x 24w; 2 ATI Coral Plus bulbs.

BTW, rocks and substrate are still bone-white in this pic.

[​IMG]

5. Alohastate335i

Alohastate335i Fire Worm

I'll pick up a coral plus bulb and mess around with the configuration to see what works best. Thanks for the tip!

6. jdk

jdk Astrea Snail

Yeah that is a little white for my tastes. I like a little blue. Is that only a 2 bulb fixture?

7. Alohastate335i

Alohastate335i Fire Worm

I finally got around to changing out the bulbs this weekend. Please dont mind the rock scape and coral placement as i have yet to rearrange things around to my liking.

Here is a FTS as promised.

Front to back:
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Aquablue Special
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Purple +
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Aquablue Special

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. Dodger745

Dodger745 Flamingo Tongue

looking for some advice here......I have an older current usa orbit (power compact) fixture over my 29 gallon. its the kind that has the two 65w dual bulbs. currently it has a dual actinic(one blue 460 and one purple 420) and a dual daylight (one 6500k and one 10,000k)

I feel like the color isnt the most pleasing to the eyes.....Ive just started the tank, its been runnning for 8 weeks. the only cral I have added is a small zoa rock. Im going to order new bulbs and Im thinking of getting the dual actinic(blue 460 and purple 420) and the dual daylight/actinic (blue 420 and a 10000k)

Im thinking this will take the yellowing effect out by x'ing the 6500k bulb and adding the other blue 460 will look great and help with coral growth?

what does everyone think?

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

It should do exactly what you think. You may not get any extra growth but you probably will see better color.

11. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

I know this is an old thread but was worth reading. I want to replace 6 lamps in my Aquatic Life fixture. As of now I have some zoas, palys,, kenya tree, hammerhead and a mushroom. I would like to know a nice combo for good coral growth as well as more of a blue look as opposed to a white/clear look. From this read I'm leaning towards 2 ati blue+, 2 ati aquablues, 1 purple and the 6th not quite sure if I go with uvl or ati super actinic or another blue or white lanp. Coral growth is more important to me than a killer blue look...

12. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

I followed 2in10s advice and used this combo. I really like it.
    There is a FTS at the end of the retrofit thread that shows the color.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/t5-aquarium-lighting/30-24-coralife-fixture-mod-done-pics-pg-2-a-147322.html#.Ur8KHih-_EY