T5 Bulb Combinations w/ Pictures

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by GuitarMan89, Feb 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chelonianraces

chelonianraces Flamingo Tongue

It's not about how strong the light you use, i have seen people with 150w MH over a 5 gallon pico, It's about how good you acclimate corals to strong lighting, sometimes you may get a decent light fearing a strong one will bleach your corals and it would end up not enough for your corals when they are fully acclimated.

2. Click Here!

3. Reefs not Refs

Reefs not Refs Bristle Worm

Im really digging this right here.

This thread is insane. It just made up so many people's minds lol.

4. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

Yea, I have been following it for a while and it has DEFINITELY helped me choose my bulbs. It is so hard to estimate what different combos will look like and it isn't cheap to purchase 20 different ones to just find the right "look".

I have a dual bulb on my 46g bowfront, but I'm moving to a quad and the best combo I've seen (without getting too blue) is:

2 ATI Blue+
    1 ATI AquaBlue Special
    1 KZ Fiji Purple

The combo makes everything pop- corals, fish, etc. If you search this thread, you will see a ton of awesome tanks with this combo. I don't even have my fixture yet and I am tempted to just order the bulbs anyway.

5. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I have actually found Aquacave to be cheaper for this combo- I have it in MY cart there and it is $94 vs. $102.

Also, there are a bunch of pics with that exact combo throughout this thread.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  6. Reefs not Refs

Reefs not Refs Bristle Worm

I ordered mine in aquacave yesterday. I will put a before and after as soon as i get them in the mail.

7. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Plankton

This is really down right amazing. Absolute perfect color combination.

8. Click Here!

9. Saltwatercoral2

Saltwatercoral2 Astrea Snail

I am getting ready to order a ATI sunpower 48 inch fixture I believe, and I am wondering what combo I should run, It will be 6 bulbs.. I like the tank looking blueish. I was thinking 4 blue plus, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus? Does anyone run this combo?

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I don't run that but it will be very blue, I would suggest switching out a blue plus or the purple plus for an Aquablue Special.

11. Saltwatercoral2

Saltwatercoral2 Astrea Snail

I may just order a couple extra bulbs to just play around with.. The coral plus bulb supposedly replaces the aqua blue.. What about if I use 2 coral plus and take out 1 blue plus? Any idea what K I would be around?

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Good idea on the extra bulbs. You will be looking at a very blue tank still because the Coral Plus is not white but more of a pinkish-purple. Take a look at the most recent shots of my tank. It has 2 Blue Plus and 2 Coral Plus on it.