T5 Bulb Combinations w/ Pictures

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by GuitarMan89, Feb 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

thanks 2in10

2. Click Here!

3. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

The ZooMed bulbs aren't junk at all, they will work perfectly fine, but the ATI bulbs are better. I just replaced my ZooMed bulbs with some ATI bulbs and the difference is noticeable to say the least. I wish I saved myself some money from the get go and went with ATI bulbs.

4. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

Is anyone running either of these combos because I just ordered my fixture and will be ordering new bulbs shortly
    Option 1)
    2) ATI Aquablue special
    2) ATI Blue +

Option 2)
    2) ATI Aquablue special
    1) ATI Blue +
    1) ATI purple plus

Pics would be GREATLY appreciated

5. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

WOW!!
    I was originally looking at getting a 6 or 8 bulb T5HO setup for my RSM but everyone said that it would be way to much and most likely bleach out/brown out my corals so I just went with a 4 bulb setup and will eventually end up adding 12x3 led's to it on 2 20" long x 2" wide heatsinks with 6 led's on each heatsink and then mount them to the front and back of my fixture and then build a hanging canopy for the whole thing

What's everyones thoughts on that setup?
    Basically 4x24 t5's and 12x3 cree led's on dimmable drivers

6. tinctorus

tinctorus Feather Duster

Can you post a pic of your setup because I have that exact bulb combo in my cart right now over at bulk reef supply but havent ordered it as of yet because I havent made a final decision as to my bulb combo yet

Although I may order 6 bulbs and then I can play around with colors and will have 2 spare bulbs

7. branman_2000

branman_2000 Plankton

Really liking this light setup. for a 6 bulb setup what would you guys recommend adding to this configuration?

8. Click Here!

9. Kadoogen

Kadoogen Flamingo Tongue

This is kindof what i was wondering too. I have one 420nm actinic and1 460nm purple and two 10ks. I want to change one of the 10ks into another blue, do you think It would effect much?

10. LGangway

LGangway Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have an aquaticlife 4 bulb T5HO fixture which is separated by "white" and "blue" bulbs on the built in timer. I'm interested in upgrading the bulbs to ATIs, but I'm unsure about the layout. I have my "blues" come on about 8am, then my "whites" come on about 10am to mimic a sunrise. I do the same in reverse for the sunset. What would your recommendations be for setup of (2) ATI Blue+, (1) ATI Aquablue Special, (1) ATI Purple plus?

Current from F-B
    AquaticLife White
    AquaticLife Blue
    AquaticLife White
    AquaticLife Blue

My thought on setup F-B
    ATI Blue +
    ATI Purple Plus
    ATI Aquablue Special
    ATI Blue +

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated!

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Just the color of the tank, it would look bluer. Corals might grow a little slower but should have better color.

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That would be good. Gives a very interesting dawn/dusk coloration. Will look a little dark but great.