T5 8 bulb fixture problem

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by CBSurfrider, Dec 8, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

It looks like what I need. 8 outlets. two rows of four side by side instead of a single row.

2. Click Here!

3. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

I must say this fixture has made a HUGE difference in my tank.. Xenias are finally pulsating, candy canes look great and my Duncan is all stretched out!! I have a pretty big rock of Zoas and never even realized the different colors I had in there! I also took the axial fan out and going to either Lowe's or Grainger to buy a replacement today.

This fixture already had ATI bulbs in it. How do I know if they need to be replaced or not? I personally can't tell because coming from my old two bulb fixture this thing looks amazing the way it is! Sorry for my enthusiam, it's like I woke up to a new tank!

Attached Files:

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats on the new fixture and a new look on your tank. The bulbs should be good for about 18 months. I would in this case go no longer than 6 months before you start changing bulbs. Replace one bulb every week to give your corals a chance to adjust to the light change. Start with the bulbs that are on the longest first.

5. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

OK thanks for the info. They must be in culture shock right now after going from a non HO T5 2 bulb to this!

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Most definitely. Slowly acclimate them to the new light or they will bleach and possibly die. Start out with a few hours a day and then add about and hour a week until you reach the time you would like your lights to run. Be prepared to slow down the the time it takes to reach your preferred lighting time and quite possibly not to ever reach it.