T-5 Help

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Bruce, Apr 3, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Ok well, i have one more thing to ask you guys...

Is this a worth while upgrade...Right now i have 260w of Pc lighting and i would be going to either 216 or 324w...i know that the wpg isnt all that right...but will 216w of t-5 really make the tank look that different and will the corals be that much affected by it? i mean...the 6bulb might be too much...but a better spending of money if the 4 bulb isnt going to be that much different...

2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

The Tek and most of the T-5 lights will have a power cord per 2 bulb so. Like I said you could get a real nice dusk/dawn effect thing going with the 6 bulb rig.

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I would like that...you know...maybe i will hang the fixture instead of using the legs...that way even it is a bit too much i can just lift it higher...i was making plans when i was thinking about the mh...and that would also make moon light placing easier

5. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

I'll try and get you a pic this weekend, Bruce. I am out of town right now.

Mike

6. The Salt Creep

The Salt Creep Astrea Snail

A six lamp Tek T5 will put enough light in a 55 to keep any high light critter you want. Just stay away from shrooms and such. I'd do 4. You will still have planty of light for about anything as long as you keep high light SPS like neon acros up on the rocks.

7. The Salt Creep

A six lamp Tek T5 will put enough light in a 55 to keep any high light critter anywhere in the tank you want. Just stay away from shrooms and such. I'd do 4. You will still have plenty of light for about anything as long as you keep high light SPS like neon acros up on the rocks.

8. Click Here!

9. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

yup, thats what im thinking of doing. ReefGeek is only 25 miles away from my house so i think ill give em a call.

10. The Salt Creep

Greg is a good guy, well worth the 25 mile cruise but I would call ahead to make sure he has what you want in stock.