switching from LED to t5! FINALLY!

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by bobssecrtsn, Jun 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

yes i do see that, I was primarily comparing the pictures between the leds and the first picture taken with t5s.

2. Click Here!

3. bobssecrtsn

bobssecrtsn Sea Dragon

you have to compare the first picture with the picture first taken when switched to t5..(meaning second picture)

4. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

I understand that. I thought the argument is that t5 provides better color spectrum to led. im just saying i didnt see much as for making certain colors pop when comparing the 2nd and 3rd pictures.

I can see that the reds have colored up overtime with the t5s being over the tank.

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

And you were getting good results. The tank looks great. But you should expect to get better results from any light that is that much more powerful. Red planet gets much richer in red under higher power. Whether that power be led, mh or t5 of the right spectrums. I do think you got a spectrum upgrade as well, but the par alone is a huge upgrade.

6. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Good point. You have to have enough light for the size tank regardless of which fixture you get. This thread is getting silly

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I disagree on the thread becoming silly. There is a very good information exchange through the evolution of this thread and it will be helpful to people to ensure they are using enough light and the proper spectrum regardless of the source.

8. Click Here!

9. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

what is silly is comparing a strawberry to a steak in protein content. I should of been more clear that by putting a much higher par fixture in T-5, MH or LED would be an improvement. That people are comparing the new T-5 fixture with an ai nano is, as mentioned, comparing apples to oranges and saying the later is more citric.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Agreed the comparison was definitely wrong based on PAR performance ability. Hopefully folks will see that you need to make sure your lighting can do the job.

11. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

12. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

LOL me too.

1 person likes this.