Switching Current Water Director (SCWD)

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Birchell, Feb 25, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

wave2k looks kinda wierd to mee. I like the cleaner look of just haveing a pipe or two in the water, and not a huge rubber wall, lol. I also hate the bubbles it makes. Im gonna make a spray bar of sorts, and run that off either the SCWD, or an OM system. Ill have too see how money goes. Im trying to run a reef system on a college buget, :lol: , Im always out of money!!!

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Mine doesn't make bubbles. Maybe it has to do with how it is setup! It shouldn't make bubbles because it is totally submerged IMO! The thing I like about it is the amount of water it moves. The ebb and flow created that is reminescent of waves!
    I'd rather look at the black housing than the glass tank and wall behind it...also with due time you can get coral to adhere to it and grow-it also doesn't give off heat as the motor is outside the tank, and no chance of stray voltage or powerheads all over the tank-IMO!
    Everyone is different though and their really isn't a wrong way to do it!

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Tell me more!!! I would really like to see some pics, or videos! I was looking at the video on the wavw2k page and it was blowing alot of mico bubbles. Also, how do you have yours setup? On the back, corner?? Im keeping all options open, and would love to hear more CR. In the long run it is alot cheaper than buying a pump, the all the pipe, and the wavemaker.

5. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

i found like five articles by advanced aquarist that talks about how water flow is as important as lighting. Im looking for them, ill post them up as soon as i can find. Reall good reading, just a lot!!

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

You dont have to worry, I read that also. And it is really good reading!! Im looking to clean up my tank by taking out all the power heads. They have terrible flow, and it all comes out of a tiny hole so you get a jet of water and not a stream of flow. Flow will also help the fish, they will get more swimming time in and it will make the tank feel bigger to them.

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

More times then not many have to much pressure blasting the corals and I have seen it as the single leading cause of bleaching. Its more about the volume being moved rather then the force of the pressure blasting the tank.

8. Click Here!

9. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

10. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

11. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

WOW, nice work Turbo!!

12. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Michael, I will see if I can get a video of my Wave2k! I have mine along the right side of my tank for now. I would like to place it in the back of my tank but with all my coral and the coral attaching themselves to other pieces of live rock, I don't want to disrupt that!!!!