Sustainability of Corals Under LED's

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by JustIncredible, May 20, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

Scott doesn't come on much anymore...but he chimed in earlier, and maybe he will again. I had ZERO problems growing coral or sustaining acro's under my Sol. My only complaint was the lack of available spectrum (Red/Green/Cyan/Violet), which seem to have been at the top of their "to-do" list as the Vega solves this.

For people that don't know, I started with LED's back in 2010, DIY mode. Went from that to "cheap Chinese" 1W Bridgelux fixtures...grew everything, but lacked control. Went to an AI Sol...modified with T5/LED supplement to add spectrum...grew coral with control! Then, after purchasing Vortech's, and dealing with EcoTech and their Customer Service dept, when the Radion's came out, I snagged em up, and sold my modified Sol (to Scott). Loved the Radion. Grew everything, control was unmatched. Upgraded tank, and budget was not there for the Radion's, so I went back to MH/LED. I will go back to LED on my next build, but for now, my acro's couldn't be happier under Radium 20K's and actinic LEDs.

2. Click Here!

3. pallidamors

pallidamors Flamingo Tongue

Ill chime in

I have those cheap chinese "black boxes" on my frag tank and they grow zoas awesome. No experience with sps under them though