Sure Flow 1600 Maxi-Jet Ugrade Kits!

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 13, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

A dream come true? A propeller kit for less than $20 that will make your Maxi-Jet powerhead kick out 1600 GPH?!? 8) :eek: :smokin:
    <br />
    [​IMG]
    <br />
    <br />
    More info:
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.algaefree.com/sure_flow.html">Sure Grip Magnetic Power Head Holders Aquarium Algae Cleaning Magnets - Algae Free, LLC</a>
    <a href="http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idProduct=AF1551&utm_source=mdnl20071012&utm_medium=mdemail&utm_term=mdnl20071012prodtitle7&utm_content=mdnlprodtitle7&utm_campaign=mdnl&fromsource=mdnl20071012prodtitle7" rel="nofollow">Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 Maxi-Jet Upgrade Kit</a>

2. Click Here!

3. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

that is too cool.bigger than i'll ever need but very cool

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

That really is awesome!! :eek: That should have been made that way in the first place!

5. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

That mod is awesome. Saw a video of a MJ 400 that had it. Guy has it in a 55 - the flow is absolutely incredible!!

6. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Astrea Snail

Yeap that kit is awsome wait until they come out with the new prop (octura 3004) that can push more water than the tunze 6100 ... I am currently beta testing it and love it :D

7. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

yea i just recieved the regular 1600 mod and man that is nice, debating getting rid of my tunze nano stream for another one of those mods (i have a maxi 900 just sitting) i have the current kit on a 600 and it is flowing very nicely. i love that fact that you can put these on wave makers =)

edit- i just got the powerhead in the tank and oh my god it flows way more and wider than the tunze 6025. i figured adding the propeller mod will make the powerhead around 5.4 times more powerful. so if the maxi 1200 is supposed to flow 1600 with the mod. a 600 will flow some where around 860. so i took the nano stream out (which broke again, this time the bracket that holds the pump cracked) i used the nano streams magnet to mount the new powerhead. only problem i am having is being able to set it up to my controler when you turn the power head off then on it doesn't start up the right way and needs to be lifted out of the water to restart properly. this is what algae free has to say about it:

"The Propeller doesn't spin (or spins backwards) - Sometimes on new kits the magnet propeller shaft will not spin and keep hitting the stopper inside the shroud cap. If this occurs, move the pump slightly out of the water until it starts. Once it starts place it in the location you desire. Let it run for a day or two and the new magnet will break in properly."

the pump was running for 3 days in my top off water bucket so i hope it will be able to turn on and off without assitance in the next couple of weeks i will update with what happens.

and let me do the math a $12 maxi jet, $10 freight and a $15 mod that flows way better than a $60 powerhead...... hell yeah!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  8. Click Here!

9. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Astrea Snail

the sureflow is nice the way it is mounted, you can swivel it in all different directions. You can put the other 900 to work with another mod and have it turn on every 6 hours for the high tide and low tide effect.

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

11. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

anyway you look at it, you still gotta buy the sure grip magnets for $25-$35 per powerhead. Plus the cost of the powerhead(if you dont already have one) so you're looking at $60 before shipping for MJ 1200 + mod+magnet. For about the same price you can get a SEIO m1500 which puts out 1500gph and not much more then that, you can get a SEIO m2500 which puts out 2500gph without modifing anything. Plus the sure grip magnet holders are already made to fit them without any extra mods. All the ad's Ive seen for the magnets have SEIO's in them, which can swivel cause of the mounting bracket that comes with the them.

12. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

well i finally found a downside to the kit =( it is not controlable.

"The Propeller doesn't spin (or spins backwards) - Sometimes on new kits the magnet propeller shaft will not spin and keep hitting the stopper inside the shroud cap. If this occurs, move the pump slightly out of the water until it starts. Once it starts place it in the location you desire. Let it run for a day or two and the new magnet will break in properly."

it has been running since october 28th and when the power flickers or i unplug the pump it will not start properly. so that sucks oh well better flow and quality than the tunze.