Sure Flow 1600 Maxi-Jet Ugrade Kits!

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 13, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I had 2 MJ 1200 in my 30G frag tank. Now I only need one. The only down side is they vibrate quite a bit

J

2. Click Here!

3. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

really? mine runs really smooth except when you turn it off then on. are you sure they are running right. only reason is when mine has just turned on it vibrates very badly and doesn't move much water.

edit- my bad i didn't see that you were running 1200's they say on the site that they will be noisy till they break in. does it turn on and off alright?

4. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Does anyone have the magnet portion? I'm worried that it wont' be stong enough to go through my 180 gal. The glass is very thick.

5. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

looks solid to me ... Still thinking about this resun 15000 wave maker ...

6. Jason McKenzie

Ya on and off is fine. The noise has to compete with a chiller and a Hammerhead pump so it's not that bad
    Just a new sound in the fish room

J

7. Jason McKenzie

there are 2 version of magnets the 50's and 100"s. The 100s are good for up to 3/4 inch glass
    Should be just fine in a 180

J

8. Click Here!

9. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Sweet.
    I just through down on 2 sets and if it goes well I will have to get another 2 sets. The best part is even though the costs compare to other pumps after the magnet, should the pump ever break it becomes one of the least expensive fixes ever.

10. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

I know this is old, but ive got some knowledge to post. They are noisy for the first week, them slimy stuff builds up on the mag and it smoothens out. It actually pushes 2100 GPH with the white magnet, and 1600 with the black one. You dont need the mounting magnet. You can use the suction cups that come with it. or just glue it to a mag cleaner for like 10 buxs......

11. eyecanwalk

eyecanwalk Plankton

what did you to stop the noise? i have 3 1200's & w/the mod they vibrate 30 ec of quit then 30 sec of noise.
    vibration type of noise