supplementing niger trigger fish diet

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by muggle, May 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

Mussels on the half shell would just sit on the sandbed...sorry for the dumb questions

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Yep, I used to freeze fresh mussels take one out when required, partially thaw it and then split it down the middle with a blunt knife

I would leave one half in the fridge for 24 hours and the other half would be dropped on sand bed, meat side up, and a lot of fish will home in on this and consume the meat - triggers being no exception IME

just watch water quality when using large messy foods of this nature

Steve

4. muggle

I have a blue maxima clam that he does not bother...starting him on mussels could this lead to problems for blue maxima?

5. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

no your niger wont bother your clam

6. muggle

Bought some mussels today split one and put half in tank...he didn't really go for it...clown fish and watanane angel did...any trick to get him to go for it or just give him time as I put one in over next weeweek or so

7. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

How big is the Niger? Is it a little one? The foods my triggers like, in preferred order, are scallops, shrimp, squid, fish, algae sheets and mussels.

8. Click Here!

9. muggle

He's like an inch and a half...still pretty little maybe 2 in. What type of fish do u give him. The squid is raw...do u just cut that up?

10. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

He needs his food cut up for him, just like any other baby! Bite sized pieces, please.