Superman Montipora

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by turbo4603, Feb 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

2. Click Here!

3. turbo4603

And its very slow growing!!!!!!

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Beautiful! I love montipora. I came across a similar colony a year or two ago... It was awsome untill it landed on my coral of death. O ya, i dont think that coral will be killing anyone because i moved it to the top of the tank and has now grown so much it is actually attatched to all surrounding rock. I should post a pic...my only one is from when i first got it.

Anyways....LOOKS GREAT!

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

You should be so kind as to share the wealth with your fellow reefer(s)!!!!
    Another piece of Montipora Denae would be sweet! I can't find my frag of Rainbow, fell between my rock work!
    My sunburst just hasn't colored up yet! I have another piece of Montipora that when I purchased it, didn't know what type it was( I think I struck it rich though as the frag cost me just $20.00)!!! It is starting to color up nicely and is showing a purple color to its base!!!
    I love Montipora and can't get enough of it!!!
    I know you give me a frag of your Superman and I will give you a frag of brown star polyps!!!!hahaahaha
    DEAL...OR NO DEAL!!!!

6. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Turbo are you going to put the monti in your tank or are you just going to keep it in your brothers tank to frag it? It looks awesome and very big.

7. turbo4603

In a couple of weeks, once its been healthy in our possesion, well problably frag a couple of corners to make up for the cost, but i particularly whant it big for my tank!!

8. Click Here!

9. turbo4603

HAHAHA, brown star polyps.....hmmmmmmmm. Ill think about it!

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I know what you mean. The "wild superman monti" that I bought from Puppy Center 6 months ago has yet to color up. It was somewhat bleached when I bought it and I'm starting to think that I didn't get what I paid for. :(

1 person likes this.
  11. turbo4603

Yeah, by the pictures of the montis my brother is holding for me, it still needs to take up some colors, bu i have no doubt its a superman monti. Karma to you amcarrig!!

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

They are beautiful corals and I'm hoping to someday get my hands on one that is a true superman. I'm hoping that the "designer" prices will go down soon too :)