Super glue for mushrooms

Discussion in 'Frags' started by BrianH123, Jan 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ANDRU24

ANDRU24 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Yeah make sure its the GEL not the liquid super glue... It's much easier to use.

2. Click Here!

3. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I let the mushrooms float aroud the bottom until they find a spot. Just keep a corner that gets low flow filled with small rocks and they will fix themselves. My wife went shroom crazy when we set up our tank, so I dont keep track of them anymore.

4. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I may sound dumb but what is bridal net? Is it what I think it is? How do you use it?

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Look trying to use glue to hold a shroom or colt or leather long enough for them to attach to a rock is like trying to nail Jello to a wall . They are some slipper and produce so much mucus its impossible almost . Bridal veil is a lacy looking ribbon that is wrapped around them to pin them to the rock you can use a needle and threat to lightly tie them down also.. What i find best it simply fill a little glass bowl with rock rubble and cut my soft corals clippings and simple put them in the bowl of rocks they will attach themselves. then put the little rock where you want it. Also depending on the species of mushrooms you are dealing with ?? Oneday you may wish you had never seen one I call them tank roaches I have had them to litteraly over run a few tanks. I won't put on in a tank anymore. And if I see on on a new corals rock I'll kill it off first.

1 person likes this.
  6. ANDRU24

ANDRU24 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

It's a thin mesh fabric. You can find it at craft stores like Michael's.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Goes double for me. Had a snail come in with one attached to it. Took me two days to get that thing out of the tank.

8. Click Here!

9. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

ya the super glue gel i used on a kenya tree worked great. i allso had aloose mushroom fall off i just poot him on a rock and let him attack find a tight place to poot him or somwhere he can sit 4 2-3 days. and he attach

10. Nikon Samurai

Nikon Samurai Bristle Worm

Thin mesh fabric

The thin mesh fabric is called Tulle (pronounced "tool") and is found in most fabric stores or craft stores purchased by the yard or per roll. I have to buy it for set building. I've never used it for aquariums. I would think a yard would be plenty for what you need. It's about $10 per yard when i get it or you can ask for scrap pieces at fabric stores. Sometimes I'll ask for scraps and they'll give them to me for free.

11. Efishnsee

Efishnsee Plankton

Is it possible to use the newly advertised magnates to attache new specimines to substrate? By gluing mushrooms to 1 magnat, and the other magnat to the live rock. How effective would this approach be? Anyone do this with Magnats?

12. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

sorry to post a useless post but wouldn't "superglue for mushrooms" be a awesome band name