SunBrite's PAR38 LED Spots To Flood USA

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BradJo9

BradJo9 Astrea Snail

would look like center stage at the opera. lol I have thought about this in the past about spotlighting my prized corals so they seem almost fake they look so good standing out in the light. I think it would be awsome.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Just saw these SunBrite Spots at a local LFS in Dublin, CA - Aquarium Concepts. They were literally unpacking a 12w spot when I showed up. They have the 12w and 15w SunBrite's there now. Price range was similar to 1st post here. SO HERE THEY COME!!

4. rdarris

rdarris Feather Duster

need to figure out how many of these I would need for a 4x2x2 tank. I am seriously considering them. their not ideal but they would be good for a couple years till LED comes into its own fully

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

LED is here... and with DIY kits so cheap, im surprised that its taking so long to start up!
    maybe because its just not getting the publicity from us to the general public yet...

6. rdarris

rdarris Feather Duster

I have been toying with the idea of building my own 48" LED setup, whats holding me back is not the cost its the time investment. I only have an hour every other day or so of true free time right now so it would take me forever to do it. but now that you have me thinking about it again I might revist the idea

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

im going to do a DIY writeup for here over the summer while im not at college... ill make it as informative as possible ;)

edit: its not too terribly time consuming but does involve a lot of wiring and stuff like that

8. Click Here!

9. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

They are completely self contained and screw into a normal socket. You can put on in a cheap clip on light fixture and your're good to go.

They put out some pretty awesome light too. From the one I've seen running, they don't offer near the penetration of a MH light, but at only 9 watts it's hard to really make that comparison. These are going to be the nano aquariums best friend!