SunBrite Slim Line LED Unboxed

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Cool stuff! Waiting for pics!

You wouldn't happen to have a PAR meter to measure the PAR of this puppy would you? I'm interested in what this puts out.

2. Click Here!

3. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

Can't wait to see this fixture mounted and running.

4. Maksimsf

Maksimsf Banned

Curious why almost every manufacturer underdrive leds to prolong life of it? 30k -50k hours is not enough? ;D

Many peeps override their T5HO that need to be changed every 6-8 month with Icecap ballasts, but I never heard of someone underdrives T5HO or MH to make em last longer....

May be it's just a heat issue, if driven 100% its hard to cool it down, and if overheated - lifespan greatly reduced..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

First impressions of the sunbrite slim line led

And here you are sir. First impression? WOW. This light has the cool factor in spades.

Assembly was a breeze. Under 5 minutes. Quality parts and necessary tools included.

[​IMG]

The following pics are of the Sun Brite Slim Line mounted on my Neo Nano which is 24"x24"x12" high. Please note - this lamp is designed for a 20"x20" spread - I think it would be ideal over a smaller cube aquarium. It makes me want to buy one.

[​IMG]
    22k mode

[​IMG]
    16k mode or maybe 12k - sorry - can't quite remember

[​IMG]
    Blue mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Note mount in water on my Neo Nano. Easily fixable with a wood block or the like but worth noting. Would probably fit a typical USA tank with rim without modification.

[​IMG]
    A:Mode
    (16000k, 12000k, 22000k)
    (6500k, Blue, Moonlight)

B: Dimming Mode
    (Choose White or Blue)
    C: "+"
    D: "-"

Final thoughts - in the limited time I had this over my aquarium I just kept playing with the remote to the chagrin of my fish. What a blast to have a remote with your light. This Sun Brite Slim Line LED lamp looks great, is lightweight, has high quality parts and, most importantly, really nice light output for LED. The limit is the spread as you can see over my tank, but with the right cube, this light would be fantastic for most applications I bet.

Note - this is an early/current model of the SunBrite LED 'Regular.'

New Slim line Regular coming soon will have....

1. 7 x Cree XPG white. 3 x 440nm, 2 x470nm. Driven @ 680mA,
    2. All LEDs will spread out more even throughout the panel/ unit.
    3. A standard timer is build in to the remote control unit, once you press it the clock will set at 12.00PM.
    4. Sunrise will starts at 6.00am, it turn on 1 led every 15min. Started with 440nm>470nm>white.
    5. Sunset starts at 5.00 pm, starting to shut down the white LEDs every 15min. White> 470> 440.
    6. When all the LEDs are off, it will jump to the moon light mode automatically. Only the 440 and 470 become active at app 0.1 watt each.
    7. Remote control:
    Button A: clock setting. Press it once, set the clock at 12.00PM
    Button B: demo mode, it runs the sunrise to sunset once.
    Button C: dimmer
    Button D: brighter

It will cover a 20" x 20" area very nicely.

"S" Model:

The "S" will function the same way. 18 LEDs, 10 x white, 4 x 440 and 4 x 470.

As is, this lamp is amazing. With the improvements above, it will be fantastic.

I am NUTS to give this one away! Maybe I should have turned it on first. :)

matt

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Sorry - my camera is not the best - but that should give you an idea - those of you that were curious - what do you think?

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

wow that is awesome! I love the sleek design and the mounting bracket... I think you mentioned it is $200 and some change? IMO very worth it then!

Maybe I will enter this contest ;) if I win, I might just be able to swing a testing of this bad boy with Sanjay.......

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I agree. This is a great lamp for the price.

That would be awesome Trent! :smokin:

10. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

I say we just give it to him just to see what Sanjay thinks about it! LOL

It looks really nice. I like it a lot as an option for very small tanks, my "nano" is too big. :(

11. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

I think that I may have to consider 2 or 3 of these for my 75 gallon in the future.

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Same here. Im considering 3 of these units for my 75g._