Sun polyp coral

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by muggle, Nov 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

We were about to buy one at our local fish store we may go by our local fish store tomorrow and pick it up it's $38 it's pretty large it has about twenty polyps on it.

2. Click Here!

3. Redside

Redside Astrea Snail

My wife bought one about a month ago and is just tickled pink with it. It's more orange than yellow. She loves feeding it by hand. We tried the pop bottle trick but she prefers one mysis at a time. $58 for almost 40 polyps, my book says a good price. Except for the Narcissis snails ( they come outa the sand like breaching whales when they smell food!!) nobody really bothers them during dinner. Going to move the snails to the fuge.

Attached Files:

• SUN1.jpg
      SUN1.jpg
      File size:
      130.9 KB
      Views:
  4. dixiedog

dixiedog Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm loving mine so far. They open up in the late afternoon/early evening and stay that way until mid morning.

Just a little frag, but growing!

[​IMG]

5. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

I need to get pics of mine up, it seems as if these guys so far are always open, and they do love to eat the mysis shrimp. Been feeding them with a turkey baster and they do a great job catching on to the shrimp in their tentacles.