Suggestions/advice to rock scaping

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by zeebeedeezigns, Nov 19, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

Coral and Reef USA Magazine has a great article about building PVC supports and glueing LR to it and making cut outs for shelf pieces and even inserting powerheads. It gives great height and allows for plenty of room on the sand for corals as well.

2. Click Here!

3. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

750 gallon with 1000lbs branch rock

Yes PVC glue is safe once dry.
    This is my 750 gallon reef before adding corals, it has 1,000lbs of branch rock tied to doubled egg crate and supported on acrylic tubes. Sorry it's not clearer i had to take a picture of a picture(no scanner) but you get the idea. What can be done in any size tank with this option is endless8)
    [​IMG]

This next picture is showing one of my tanks lifted up off sand 6" or so with just some rock fingers coming down touching sand. Also notice the shadow box in the back ground lifting structure and adding shadow box made this tank look twice as big. Again sorry not better quality but gives you food for though.

[​IMG]

4. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

I think if i sit and look at mine to long i will want to start moving stuff around again.. and once i think im happy with it ill want to move it again..

Best advice is to get it where you want it the first time early in your tank set up and just be happy with it lol once you have corals growing over them you wont notice to much rock anyway just give it time..

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

I think aquascapes that benefit to what fish you have and are natural/pleasing to the human eye look nice:) One of my favoritesis the atoll scape.