such thing as PVC glue?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Amass78, Feb 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Phil5613

Phil5613 Purple Spiny Lobster

aga sells you the bulkhead female and the hose is female the oneinch pipe is the male that joins them

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

You didn't piss anyone off, we're just trying to figure this out for you.  All questions are welcome, regardless of experience.  I bet you'll be answerring questions for others in no time, this hobby kinda has the habit of doing that to people (wanting to help fellow reefers out).

From what it sounds like to me, your trying to attach tubing to the portion on the bulkhead that is outside the tank for delivery of your outflow to the sump.  Is that correct?  Are there threads on that side of the bulkhead or is it a slip fitting?  If its a slip fitting, you'll need to get either a short lengh of pvc, heat the vinyl tubing up , slip it over one side of the pvc, and glue the other side into your bulkhead (with the glue talked about earlier, Naut is right, Oatay brand at HD) or get a short piece of pvc, connect a slp to MPT (male pipe thread) fitting and connect a FPT to barbed fitting using a few wraps of teflon tape and or some 100% silicone aquarium sealent.  If the connection is a FTP (female pipe thread) the get a barbeb fitting with a MPT (male pipe thread), use a little aquarium sealent or a few wraps of teflon tape and screw that sucker in.  Hope that helps.

If you want to email any of us, most of us have our email addies accessiable via our profile or on the left side of our post.

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I think Gresham covered everything here.
    let us know if you are needing some more help.

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Does this look like what you are talking about?
    Can you point out what you are talking about from this drawing?
    A gasket goes between bulkhead and glass bottom.
    You can even make your own gaskets.

Attached Files:

6. Amass78

Amass78 Plankton

Hey Thanks Gresham, That's exactly what i was talking about. you too Nautilus!!! and for everyone else that's trying to help! My bulkhead is not threaded, thats why i was asking about the glue...based on the pic, i guess i have to prime and cement. Ill go to HD and try to look for the Oatay Brand. Again..THANK YOU!

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The San Carlos and Los Gatos Home Depots have the glue in stock, I was at both today.

8. Click Here!

9. Amass78

Amass78 Plankton

Whoo hoo...i finally got the primer and cement and glued it.  Thanks again everyone.

10. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Glad we could help you out. Let us know if needing anything more.
    Keep us posted on progress also.