Sturgis Bound...........Finally

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Otty, Jul 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

What fun! Post (your PG-13) pictures when you get back!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

monster 1000, or a vrod, like the ducati more at the moment, same $ but half the weight and it's still a V-twin with a very different sound

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, I ride a 1000cc V twin sport bike myself. I have ridden many monsters, and I like them a lot. You can do it all on a monster; touring, track days, and fun twisty roads are a breeze.

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Get the monster liter bike! :D ...Sturgis (socially) allows sportbikes right? Just checking.

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I dont go that far north, it's against my dads rules he laid out for me when I was a kid :)

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Actually, yes, all rallies are more friendly towards anyone riding on 2 wheels instead of 4.

Sturgis was one of the last to adopt this mentality, but they do now.

I have been to many of the Milwaukee rallies, and to Laconia rally in NH, and nobody seems to sare as long as you are riding.

The worst I see is in Milwaukee, where I live where some of the the die hard HD guys don't like anything not made here. Those folks are a dying breed. Its a good thing because we all have to avoid cages trying to run us over.

At the Laconia rally in 03 I spoke with guys that I would never talk with, mega die hard hog guys, and in fact they came over to our group of 3 sportbikers and shot the crap about bikes. They loved that my bike was a v twin and sounded like one with its yosh race pipes, and that we do crazy wheelies and such.

I say ride what you want, but don't go bragging to me about how fast your HD is, and I won't say how great my bike is at riding cross country. I have ridden my TL from one end of Maine to California, so I know. LOL

8. Click Here!

9. tdk76

tdk76 Astrea Snail

Hey Otty you need to come down here to Sturgis MS. one year. We have a big bike rally ever year Aug. 14-16. 1,000's of poeple come.

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Chattanooga, TN has a bike get together every year...I know about this because the traffic is borderline Armagedon and I have to work along the road that contains all the vendors and food tents...UGH. Most annoying downtown traffic I've ever experienced. However, having never owned a bike before, I have never gone. It's something I'd rather not go to alone, either. ::)

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure that's where he's headed.

12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

Pretty sure their on their way to Sturgis SD not MS :)