Stretching Perameters

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by oceansurf, Mar 1, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceansurf

oceansurf Purple Spiny Lobster

I'd never have fish @ all if I listened to some your tank standards. It's great if you have all these 180 & 500 gallon tanks. I don't have the space. I have to do the best with what I have.If I have to put a parrot, 3 rosey barbs a pleco, a large fancy goldfish & a medium comet in a 30 gallon tank, that is what I have to do. I guess I just do not have the space & money that you guys do.

I know the goldfish is a cold water fish, but from reading & personal experience I've learned they can tolerate temperatures up to 80F.+

One of my grandaughters has had the same golfish in a bowl for over 2 years now. Lots of people say that cannot be done either.

Maybe sometimes we have to push the limits @ the same time providing the best possible living conditions.( excellent filtration, airation & weekly water changes, maybe more if I decide to follow this route )

I'm retired & have all the time in the world to devote to my 2 favourite hobbies. ( plants & fish ) I do the best I can do with both ! I have had aquariums for 50 years now & have done many things that people told me couldn't be done.

I look forward to the challenge. When someone tells me it can't be done, it just just makes me that much more determined.

If it doesn't work, I'll swallow my pride & tell you so. I don't expect to lose any fish. If it looks like that may happen, changes will have to be made right away.