Resolved Strange Red Bugs on Torch Coral? Help

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by GLHFriends, Jun 10, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GLHFriends

GLHFriends Plankton

Added flow and also introduced the proper dose (for a 30 gal tank) to my aquarium of the eXit after siphoning out as much of them as I could (not too many out and about). After about 45 min I added the proper 1/2 dose as per instructions. Its been about 1 hour total and 15 min since the 2nd dose and none of them seem to be dropping dead. What should I do next? Looking for any more advice...more eXit? thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Says to add the charcoal once you start to see the die off, and if possible do a 25% water change.

Good Luck

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Not sure but I used full dose plus a little with no problems. I have about a 230 gallon plus 67 gallon sump. I figured probably 250-270 gallons total actual water so I put the whole bottle that is suppose to be for 300 gallons. I noticed them dying in about 30-40 minutes. I only did one treatment and they came back. Like usual I didn't listen. Now I have to spend the money to do a few more treatments.

Billme likes this.
  5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

What size tank. I got a ton when I upgraded to my first 125 and picked up a melarunus wrasse. He literally ate thousands of them in 3-4 days problem solved. Well actually he hid for 7 days and the 4 days he was out ate them all, but you get the point. Not all wrasse will eat them, but I've been pretty lucky with natural predation.

Alfie uk, Billme and Mr. Bill like this.