strange, mysterious company?

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by RogerL, Mar 20, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RogerL

RogerL Fire Worm

has anyone heard of AquaClear Aquatics, based in jacksonville florida? they make protein skimmers and other things. has anyone ever used their stuff? or heard if it is good or not? my LFS started stocking their things, and the owner of the LFS is singing the praises for these products. the store that i go to is in central illinois, but when i go home to chicago, i also found a few stores that carry these items.

2. Click Here!

3. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

[glow=red, 2, 300]WELCOME TO 3R ROGER[/glow]​
    Nice to see you again,,,,
    We have a young crowd here and growing,,,
    I do not have your answere but I'm sure it can be researched or someone will have an answere.....

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[flash=468,60]http://www.3reef.com/fish/sitepics/threesteps3.swf[/flash]

Welcome Roger!
    Someone from the Chicago area, cool! :)
    That's where I grew up. I went to a big ten school as well, UW-Madison. Visited U of I once, but my memory is kinda blurry about that weekend. ;D

Anyway, AquaClear Aquatics. First thing it makes me think of is Hagen Aquaclear filters. Surprised they can use that name.

The only thing I can find are some wet/drys:

http://www.elmersaquarium.com/h153_aquacleartrickle.htm

They look like Amiracles, but tinted. OK. I like bigger sumps for hardware though. What else have you seen? Gotta link to their skimmers or something?

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

matt

5. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

Hey Roger,

AquaClear Aquatics bought the old Amiracle company of wet/dry filters and skimmers, etc. I have an old Amiracle skimmer, which is probably good for a 40g tank, with the veturi enhancement that I added before I purchased my AquaMedic Turbofloater 1000 multi.

AquaClear Aquatics makes middle of the road equipment. You won't find it at Wal-Mart, but you aren't going to find too many advanced aquarists using it. It will get you by until something better comes along.

What is it you are interested in? What are you looking to buy? I might be able to help you a little better if I knew a few more specifics. ;D

Oh, BTW, WELCOME TO 3R!!!!!

6. RogerL

RogerL Fire Worm

thank you for the warm reception!!! it's good to see everyone! i was starting to get lonely... :D hey matt. big ten rocks!!! and most of my weekends are also...not rememborable ;) i have no links, but i have seen skimmers, and sumps by the company. my local fish store recommending their products very strongly. Wrassman!!! whats happenin? the only reason i am curious is just due to the fact that their products just became available in my fish store. where'd you grow up matt? my fish store manager said that the aquaclear skimmer would be better than my aquac remora... i was just wondering if that was true.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No problem Roger, everyone is welcome here! :)

I lived in Wicker Park, Lincoln Park, downtown, north shore, all over. Moved to California a few years back.

Don't know about those skimmers, but AquaC Remoras are really nice. Some stores just want to sell you stuff. Leaving for the weekend soon, but I hope to see you around!

Matt

8. Click Here!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

WHY IS ALL THE Extreme REEFERS HERE NOW? IS SOMETHING GOING ON AT ER???

10. CheckMateKingll

CheckMateKingll Feather Duster

Well Slappy,,,
    I can only speak for myself,,,
    I find 3r more aesthetically pleasing then other Sites,,,
    I like that it is young and growing and to be a part of 3R's growth,,,
    3R has some knowledgable Members and everyday more are comming,,,
    So, join us if you would Slappy, be a part of our growing Community...

11. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

[glow=Navy, 3, 300]Hey Slappy!

I wasn't aware that all the ExtremeReefers had come over here!?! I know that I've seen a couple of them, but I'm a member of at least 10 different boards, and I've seen a number of them on several different boards. ;D

No, I think you've just totally misunderstood the whole situaltion, Slappy. Besides, I don't remember ever seeing YOU on ER.?!? What's up with that???
    [/glow]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

im new to the hobby, just checking out many of the online sites before I do join, so I apologize, I didnt mean this in a negative way...I will be joining shortly, is there any specific sites you reccommend and why? PLease....again apologize for the misunderstanding, I was just at ER earlier and saw so many of the same names I was just curious...

Uncle Slappy