Stocking question :)

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Nu-Nu, Jun 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Hey guys i have a Red Sea Max 250 (66 gallons) with the following fish:
    1 small marine betta
    1 one spot foxface
    1 flame hawk fish
    1 chalk bass
    1 occy clown
    1 black clown
    1 10" engineer goby.
    I have no inverts (obviously) and i have a pretty respectable anount of corals. Lol

My question to you guys is do you think i am 100% stocked? I dont think i am, i think i can fit 1-2 fish...

The last fish i really want are
    1 type of anthias (lyretail or sunburst)
    1 type of wrase

What do you guys think? Haha

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I think you should def get a chalk bass! Or a chalk bass, if ya don't like the chalk bass, check out a chalk bass! ;) lol

Honestly, I'd let the tank chill for a month or so, watch params And compatibility, and then maybe 1 of them, prob the anthias! But a wrasse always is awesome! But you are close!

4. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Hahah cosmo i should get a trio of chalk bass!!! Wow you have some good ideas...

And ya i am close to full, kinda sucks because i like buying fish.. Lol. I forgot to say that my nitrates are at like 5, so thats good!

I love the anthias, but doesnt everyone NEED a wrasse? I feel like thats a necessity. Decisions...

I will definitly let the tank sit for a while, we just bought the flame hawk and he is a boss!!
    [​IMG]

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

How will the tank be when the fish grow up. The betta and foxface get rather large. Anthias are schooling fish so you may not have much success there.

I believe you are the limit with your current stock when they grow up.

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I would consider your tank to be fully stocked. That's 7 fish - your engineer goby is huge (10"?) and the beta will get fairly large as well. Same for the foxface. It is important to consider full adult sizes when selecting fish for your tank.

7. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Thanks guys! I think you are right, i kinda wish we didnt get the betta because he doesnt show himself very often, but i hope he is more comfortable soon!

Yea sean, that goby is massive... I like him though :)

We will wait a while and see how things are, the tank doesnt look full at all, i feel like we need one more fish that swims in the front of the tank... :/

8. Click Here!

9. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think the bettas are low light/night time fish. Not sure if you will see it much ever. You could trade it in for a trio of small species Anthias or a couple of small species wrasses.

1 person likes this.
  10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

11. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

+1000

12. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Aww guys i love memah! Haha she is shy right now, but i will give her more time. Is she continues to be lame, i will possibly trade her for some anthias.... :/ haha those anthias look sweet btw!!! :)

Do you guys think the flame hawk was a good buy?? I think hes pretty cool myself :D