Stocking my 220 - Fish ideas?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Reefbuilder, Sep 7, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

So as some of you who follow my tank thread know, I am going to be upgrading to a 220. I have a very good filtration system and can handle a large bio load.

One of the things I want to do is get my fish now for my upgrade. I built a 3 tank, each tank with a divider QT system so I can get them all QT and acclimated so they are ready to go when the tank is ready. One of the reasons I am doing this is I have a Achilles Tang that does not take well to new comers. My thought process is if everyone goes in a nice big tank all at once they will all find new homes. Currently in a 100 gallon tank

My current fish list is
    Blue Throat Trigger
    Achilles Tang
    Lamarck Angel
    Melanurus wrasse
    Pair of snow flake clowns
    Algae Blenny

My plan is a lot of open space in the next tank.

Any other ideas of fish? Reef safe only.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Click Here!

3. Reefbuilder

Anyone? Also can I put 2 pairs of clowns in a 220? Pair of snowflakes and pair of DaVinci extremes?

4. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I know Civic had issues with 2 sets of clowns in his 220. Hence a pair of clowns in my tank.

As far as fish for your 220, I am all about Tangs. That may just be because I can't have any though.

5. Reefbuilder

Yeah I know I could not pass up this pair of Davinci's though. Ugh. I don't want to re home the snow flakes, may re home the Maroon Clowns I have in the grow out tank. I defiantly want a few more tangs in the 220.

Sailfin is definitely on the list.

6. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

My son is really into the fish aspect of the tank but I only have 2 mocha clowns and a lawnmower blenny. I really want to find something he can watch swim around the tank.

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Harlequin tusk, squirrel fish, bellus/swallowtail/wattanbei angel, pink tail trigger pair, blue fusilier, and tangs

8. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I think tangs would be nice - I really like purple tangs and sailfins. In a 220, I would probably try two pairs of clowns - if they are all immature males, it might work but I'd make sure to have a place to take them if they start to fight. Individual fish can be very different in their temperaments especially clowns ime

9. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Anthias, lots of them. There are several species that mix very well. Friendly fish, very active and eat like pigs. Great colors.

Mix them with a few tangs.