Stock my red sea max 250!! :)

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Nu-Nu, Apr 29, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Hey guys and gals!! So i have a brand new red sea max 250 and i am looking for people who own one/have owned one in the past! I would like to know what fish you put in there and how those fish did!

Has anyone had a tang,foxface or a schooling bannerfish in that tank? It isnt as long as a normal 66 gallon tank, its only 38". Even if you havent owned this tank, PLEASE give your opinion on good fish!

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED! Thanks!!! :)

2. Click Here!

3. nwfd1725

nwfd1725 Purple Spiny Lobster

ive seen some with a yellow tang but doesnt mean you should. You could get a small tang and give it back or upgrade to a bigger tank like most do.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I've never owned one, but that seems much too small for a tang imo

5. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

Haha yea just so everyone knows my current stock listgor this tank does not include a tang of any kind. However, i added a one spot foxface and a schooling bannerfish to the list. This tank is great, i just wish it was 4' long ;)

6. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

I've had a Kole Tang in my RSM 250 for 14 months, but he has been displaying some aggression lately. I have also been unable to catch him despite using every trick I know. I would not add him if I had the opportunity to do it over again.

There are a lot of flasher, fairy and halichoeres wrasses that would work. They are colorful and active fish. I love my chalk bass, but you have to see him in person to appreciate how colorful he is. He also took a very long time to get comfortable in the tank. I also had a black combtooth blenny who did well, except he liked eating my zoas. Hopefully this helps a little.

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

assessors, groups hanging upside down look awesome!

8. Click Here!

9. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

This is the current stock list... Not sure how we like it tho. And yes we already have a chalk bass! He is awesome, and i totally agree that you need to own one to appreciate it. They looked dumb in pictures but when we saw it at the lfs it was awesome.

1 occerellis clownfish (maybe 2)
    1 dragonette (added in a very long time)
    1 Orange stripe prawn goby
    1 Fairy wrasse
    1 Flame angel
    1 chalk bass
    1 midas blenny
    1 FoxFace Lo
    1 Schooling bannerfish

Sound good? Too much?

10. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

IMO one big fish is enough. What dragonette and fairy wrasse do you plan on getting?

11. Nu-Nu

Nu-Nu Bubble Tip Anemone

We were thinking the exquisit fairy wrasse, but we dont know much about larger wrasses so that is just an idea. And for the dragonette we dont know, scooters are cool but mandarins are definitly more colorful. All depends on the pods we have and if we can get one on frozen foods

12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Try getting one off DD, email Kevin there. Costs more but will be worth it. My favorite species are the spotted mandarins. Exquisite fairy wrasse are cool, here are some other fairy wrasse to look into.
    Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Cirrhilabrus solorensis
    Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus
    Labout's Fairy Wrasse (3") - Pacific Island Aquatics
    Labout's Fairy Wrasse (3-3/4") - Pacific Island Aquatics
    Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
    Bluehead Fairy Wrasse
    Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse - Reef Safe Wrasse
    Longfin Fairy Wrasse
    Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse
    Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse - Reef Safe Wrasses
    Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Scott's Fairy Wrasse - Reef Safe
    Saltwater Fish for Marine Aquariums: Lineatus Fairy Wrasse - Reef Safe
    If you would spend a low amount of money I would get the lubbocks. For a medium amount scotts or even more pink margin. For a high amount I would get a rhomboid, lineatus, or most of all flame wrasse(if you live in certain area a female costs $75), for a super high amount earls fairy or most of all bell's flasher;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.