Still looking

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by kwinter1, Dec 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Bridgelux or CREE which is better?

1. Bridgelux

100.0%
  2. CREE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

he could probably get away with just 72 LEDs so 3x24 kits or if you arent a good DIYer talk to reefwerks they will make it for you for a little extra...i payed $500 for my 36 LED with 2 heat sinks, 2 fans with alarms, hanging kit, drivers, dimer, etc including shipping so with a fixture that you wont have to build yourself you could do ~1k maybe a little more if you would like a few more LEDs

2. Click Here!

3. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

some people say arguably to mix a couple neutral or even warm whites in with the cools to widen the spectrum but also you can get even more customizable with your LEDS by adding in some UVs/greens/reds/purples/just about any color

4. kwinter1

kwinter1 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Cosmo you are pretty spot on with estimates ! Kinda pieced together one from rapid right in that same price range. And I got a quote from reefworks on one a bit more but is ready to go diy and no guess work since they put the kit together for me and stand behind it with a guarantee. And the customer service I am getting from reefwerks is great !
    I could save a considerable amount if I went through aquastyle using bridgelux, but the general feeling I am getting is Cree is superior. So, I'm thinking getting them from reefwerks is the way to go just gonna have to save my pennies sense I had originally budgeted for a T5 fixture.
    If anybody has more input on bridgelux that has used them that would be awesome.;D