Starting up a 75g

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Indigo, Oct 12, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

looks like you've gotten some good advice - definitely a sump is the way to go. As stated, the bigger you can make the sump - the better but it does depend on your space. Buying an RO/DI is a great investment but you can use the RO water from the box stores as an interim - you can also use distilled water but that's usually only available in gallon jugs and that would be a PITA to haul that much water. Some LFSs will have water you can buy as well. I still get mine from my LFS. In terms of water changes, once weekly of about 10% would be ideal imo.

welcome to the salt side of the hobby! definitely ask questions and keep reading - you'll find many talented and helpful reefers on this site :)

Corailline likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Indigo

Indigo Plankton

Thanks everyone. I've always wanted a SW tank. I currently have way too many running FW tanks and one brackish. Not counting all the empty tanks that are sitting around. Multiple tank syndrome got ahold of me...

And I thought it was high time to try a SW. Enough of this FW stuff ;)

Although I'm going to be getting some shellies soon. LOL

Corailline likes this.