Starting a sea horse tank

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by cdub4292, Oct 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cdub4292

cdub4292 Astrea Snail

I was wondering if any one knows where to get sea horses so i cant start my tank. Im so pumped ;D I live in North Wales so something somewhat close to that. ALSO any tips would be great on equipment and feeding!!!:eek:

THANKSSSSSS
    courtney

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee snawwwwwwwwwwww;)

2. Click Here!

3. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

LiveAquaria.com has some Hippocampus kelloggi in stock right now. They also usually have Hippocampus sp. in stock just not right now.

Also Seahorse Source usually has a nice selection and they have some pretty decent prices too.

And if your really wanting to waste allot of money there is always Seahorse.com

4. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

You could also check out the classified boards at SeaHorse.org you have to be a member but anyone that is starting a seahorse tank would hopefully already be one........

5. cdub4292

cdub4292 Astrea Snail

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Have you researched on how to take care of them and the like? You should have some yrs under the belt before attempting to engage in Seahorses. They are hard to take care of. Luna

7. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

wow sea horse are no joke, they are real nice

8. Click Here!

9. cdub4292

cdub4292 Astrea Snail

Well my boyfriend is pretty experienced so I can learn from him and he can help me until I pick it up on my own ya dig? or do you still think that wouldn't be a good idea?

10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i think you could give it a try as long as you realize it must be a seahorse only tank, no other fish period
    the hardest thing about seahorses is making sure they get enough to eat, they re like a mandarin but slower and not as good looking(IMO)

11. cdub4292

cdub4292 Astrea Snail

whats a mandarin? Is that a type of seahorse?
    I was looking up online to see if there is any fish that you could mix in a sea horse tank but it didnt say any. Can you mix sea horses with other types of fish. And if so what kind? Or is there not one fish that can be with a sea horse. Like a clown fish. =)

12. dimweb

dimweb 3reef Sponsor

I had a Seahorse tank for years (for my daughter) you will love it.