Starting a new tank

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Jeremy, Jul 14, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

your tank is soundin pretty good maby we can get some pics heh
    youll probhably have the same problem i do with my halmedia plant just have to reach in and pull some of your capulera out get a pic of your coral maby we can get an id on it

weclome back

2. Click Here!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Yeah, i might try and get some pics, but how do you post them. Thanx 4 the welcome Karla!

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Hey Shrimp_Man -

You can post pics now! When You hit reply, look below the message box you type in and you will see 'attach' with a box next to it and a browse button. Just hit browse and find the picture on your computer. Then hit post! That's it.

(you can't preview a message with a picture attachment because of some dumb security thing that I would love to turn off. Just hit 'post.')

Welcome back dude! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

5. Jeremy

Hmm. I will try and take an OK photo and post it up. I got a coral today, but im not sure what kind it is. ill take a close up of it, and post it up to see if you can recognise it. The lfs is renovating, theyre putting in some tanks that'll have halides over them, so maybee theyll have some SPS corals soon. If thats the case, ill start saving for a MH light. would 250w be OK? Coz another lfs has a 250w halide 2nd hand thats going cheap, so i might get it. If i did i would hang it about 2 ft off the surface of the water.

cya later

6. Jeremy

ive started making a dosing/top off system that was in one of your links matt. all i need is a plastic container with a lid to hold the water, and im getting one today. so the whole thing should be finished by tonight. What are some good additives to dose my tank with. ive seen the kent marine range so far. know anything about it?

7. Jeremy

ive started making a dosing/top off system that was in one of your links matt. all i need is a plastic container with a lid to hold the water, and im getting one today. so the whole thing should be finished by tonight. What are some good additives to dose my tank with. ive seen the kent marine range so far. know anything about it? by the way, im getting those photos developed, so the pics should be up soon.

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

COOL! [smiley=thumbs_up.gif]

THat's great Shrimp_Man. I hope it works.

I dosed kalk regularly with my float mixed with the evap water and Iodine and strontium occasionally. Probably do the same. At least the kalk. I still have the kalk, I will look and see who made it.

Hey if you get pics or whatever, start a new thread! ;)

This one is a little long now for new people to take in...

WAY TO GO MAN!

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]