Starting A Frag Company

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Tropical_Supply, Jan 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

Just make sure if you're in Florida you have all the correct permits and licenses.I didn't and Florida Fish And Game stopped by my house this week for some small frags I had posted on craigslist.I do wish you luck with everything.

2. Click Here!

3. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

welcome to 3reef what frags are you planning to sell. lets see some pics

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Sounds cool. Looking forward to checking out your site. If you've been around the various forums, you may have noticed many are very clicky, this is not one of them. IMO, this is the best site for quick responses, reliable information and genuine interest and caring for those in this hobby. You've chosen well by posting here.

5. Tropical_Supply

Tropical_Supply 3reef Sponsor

I'm still cycling the frag tanks (should be done soon) so there isn't anything in there yet. I just bought a new DSLR camera to take pictures of the corals though and have some shots of one of my tanks (pictures attached). As you can tell, I'm still playing with the lighting and camera settings trying to get some better pictures. I'll probably end up getting a macro lens instead of the 18-55mm that came with the camera. Does anyone have any lens suggestions for a Canon camera to take better pics of corals?

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

pics look just fine to me

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Welcome to 3reef.com, my friend. I do wish you lots of success on this new and hopefully very profitable enterprise of yours.

I'll check the site out once it's running. People here is very knowledgeable and will help you out however they can. This is my experience here. Fast, on the spot replies. Can't go wrong at 3reef, even if you're looking around.

- Mag.

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Not bad pictures at all! There are a few articles here on 3Reef on how to take good pics of your aquarium. I'm pretty sure there are also a few articles elsewhere online on how to take good pictures under actinic lighting.

10. Tropical_Supply

Tropical_Supply 3reef Sponsor

I've been playing around with the camera some more and I'm starting to get some better pictures... discovered it's all about the custom white balance :)

Attached Files:

11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I'd say those pics look darned good.

12. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Welcome to 3reef

can you post a pic of the frag tank setup just curious