Started Tank to early...NOW WHAT?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by martygary, Feb 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Agree they should all go back. Your tank is not big enough for the tangs, and the water is not ready for any fish. Ultimately you are responsible for the long term health of these fish, to disregard the stress they are in would be negligent on your part. Not trying to give you grief, just some tough love. The motto with salt water is to go slow...failure to do so up front will literally plaque you for years.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah sorry bud by this hobby takes patience! The tank can't have 3 tangs in it, 1 is pushing it and a flame angel needs a semi aged tank for stable params and some stuff to nip at!
    Just imagine this scenario repeating over and over again! Frustrating and expensive plus kinda mean! Just take it as a lesson, learn and be patient! Good luck!

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Ohh and the damsel because it's a punk and will torment every other fish you put in there!

5. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

True story on the damsel.

6. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

it may seem like we are lecturing but more so we are speaking from experience. I love tangs, with all my heart, but I cant keep them cause my tank is too small. so I adapt my love of a certain fish to a different one. there are 100's upon 100"s to choose from :)
    just be glad you didnt lose any of them

7. martygary

martygary Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i dont understand why everyone says i should give up my fish are living!!!!! my yellow tang has no ick on him just my flame angle!! the powder brown is gone the stress level is gone all my fish are not stress!! my live rock is full of living stuff on it. my flame never stops eating!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Just do what you're going to to then, just don't ask for advice if you agent willing to accept what's being said

1 person likes this.
  10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Marty, its your tank so ultimately your decision! We are only here to help! But....
    Just because your fish are alive does not mean they are happy, which as they get bigger and reach sexual maturity will probably become a problem again! There's a really good chance with that stock list, you are going to battle ich again and again and again!

But if its your decision to keep that stock, it would be wise to get a hospital tank up and running and keep it running! And research how to treat certain diseases and have the proper medication ready to treat these fish! This path will probably result in sick and dead fish and much frustration and spent money! But if you're gonna do it, be prepared and get ready;
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/diseases/ich-101-noob-noob-128391.html

Good luck to you, this isnt meant as being mean, but informative from all our experinces!
    Like a boy scout, always be prepared!

Make sure you read this!
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/new-hobby/simple-rules-avoid-ich-126326.html

11. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Yes they are living for NOW! doesnt mean they wont be stressed and with the ICK still in the water column they wont get it again. You shouldnt keep a tang in a tank where they cant swim alot! it stresses them out.

But ultimately its your tank and you are going to do what you want if you think what you are doing is safe and human then i wouldn't ask for advice ;-)

12. martygary

martygary Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i know u yall r right!!!! im just so confusded!!!! my fish look happy now!!!! why isnt my tank ready???? ive done research on tanks they say as long as my water is good im ok!! im not saying u guys r wrong!!!!! im not!!!! i do listen i do!!!!! i just know what to belive!!!! i do thank all of you!!!! i do!! thanks for reaching out!! ive spent over a thousand dollars on this tank!! there is 4 big lfs here and they all say im doing it right!! i bought a uv sterilizer. they said it would do the trick!!