Starfish?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Stingray, Aug 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

That's excellent. Roger says you'd better hang onto that sucker...some people would pay alot of money for that shrimp :D

2. Click Here!

3. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

I know a bunch of people who have had success with harlequins eating asterinas. I think the biggest trick is to not have any other stars in the tank for it to eat. If you put a linkia in the tank it will choose to eat the linkia over the asterinas. I feel it is no different than weening fish that "wont eat anything but pods" onto flake food haha! take my Blue star leopard wrasse for example.Everyone said "that fish will never eat flake food"...two weeks later he eats flake from my hand! I even had a mandarin that would eat flake! Its like training a big dog...You dont ask it to do something, you TELL it to do something!

4. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

It's amazing what a great motivator hunger can be. One of the best meals I've ever eaten was during survival school. I hadn't really had anything to eat for about 3 days. We caught one tinly little fish and boiled it in a rusty can with some creekwater and moldy old carrot. Best soup ever and I even got to eat one of the eyes:chef:!

5. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

OK, that's nasty!!! Although I've been known to eat a sauted onion for dinner because i had no food and no cash...years ago, college days, spent my money on booze and weed...

6. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

are you supposed to stop after college?:confused: :confused::confused:

7. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Well, I don't guess you HAVE to...but I'm never eating sauted onions by themselves again!!!!

Gin

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

:lol:

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

My father used to eat the eyes out of whatever fish he cooked....mostly just to gross us kids out. It worked :lol:

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I agree. I had a pajama cardinal that loved to eat flakes. Unfortunately, it also loved to eat CLEANER SHRIMP :angry: We've also got 2 lyretail anthias that eat flake.