starfish melting away?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by chonchboy5, Jun 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Your phosphates and nitrates are on the high side for inverts although the nitrate is less so. I would aim to get the phosphates around .05 and try to get the nitrates down to 10. Try and get the temp down might help. I take it you have a skimmer? Looks as though you have decent surface aggitation for gas exchange. Open up the house to get the ambient CO2 level down whenever possible.

2. Click Here!

3. loneracer05

loneracer05 Clown Trigger

This is common unfortunately fromias feed on micro organisms and they feed on them pretty quickly. The temp may also be the culprit the other params are ok though. Have you had big sg swings? Lots of evap with infrequent top offs will do it too

4. chonchboy5

chonchboy5 Astrea Snail

thanks for all the advice. the reads on the params i got are typical of my setup and my critters have been doin fine with them so far except for this im sure its the temp swing and the salinity raise from 1.023 to 1.025 from the evap with the heatwave gettin my air conditioner fixed tomorrow house temp at 80 deg cant stand it! been turning the tank lights out early too to try to help. Oh well lets hope the little guy makes it and there is no problems with the rest!
    Anthony
    GOOD OR BAD I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011