Starfire glass drawbacks

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Mudbeaver, Jun 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mudbeaver

Mudbeaver Coral Banded Shrimp

I red a few threads listing a few drawback to starfire glass aquariums any thruth to it. Sratching easly, and so on. Anybody with such a tank and with issues like that. i know their heavier with a 1/2" thick glass.

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

do you have a date mud on when you're thinking this is going to be set up? Just curious.

I'm afraid (again) that I can't help on your thread question tho :(

4. sjnovakovich

sjnovakovich Bristle Worm

I had an Oceanic 110 tall with a starphire front. I had no issues with it at all.

5. Mudbeaver

Well i hired a pro , an aquatank engenier for this because i was way over my head with all the complexity of the 3 tanks system and i'm no brainiac on this topic. And with this much money involve its a no brainer to start on the right foot and with the right set up from the get go. So the guy is working on it now. After that i have to approve the plans, send it to Miracle Aquariums in Toronto and its usually 6-8 weeks but in my case its 3 tanks and a steel stand so it could be longer. So we're mid june, i say they'll have the plans end of june, i say mid september i should get my tanks and set up and running. Macro-Algae and coral in november, fish in december.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  6. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

i had glasscages.com build my 150 with a starfire front, haven't noticed anything but crystal clear views.

7. Mudbeaver

Tell me about it, thats what the company sent me for comparisson on my new tank.

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Laborator

Laborator Astrea Snail

Love my starfire, and there is a big difference in my tank.

10. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I have Starfire on the front glass, I suppose it depends what you want, I asked the builder if there were any issues, he said "nothing be has heard of"
    Get it done !

11. Mudbeaver

Oh i'm having it alright lol, i just want to know all their is to know. I just got a good comment from some one. He said that its a good thing i'm having a closed loop installed in the tanks cause in his 8 year starfire tank his Tunze powerheads left two magnet indents on each side of his tank. So any equipment you put in there can leave scratches , good tip. ;D

12. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I'll never have a non-starphire tank again. I know of zero disadvantages, besides an increase in cost.