star polyp background

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Dingo, Sep 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

i have dual over flows and i put GSP on the over flows

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I am scared at how fast this stuff spreads. I about 2 months it has become about a 10x5 patch on my glass.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I might give this a try. Would xenia work just as well? And a question about supergluing it to the back of the tank. Is it easy enough to peel off the tank? And how do you keep it growing on only the back of the tank and not the sides or the front?

5. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Xenia does exactly the same thing. Spreads readily up the glass. A razor blade makes for easy removal if it decides to take over the sides.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

And would it still work just as well if we don't have overflows

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

If you do attach them to glass use super glue. It comes off very easy if need be. Just put some hot water on it and it scrapes right off. I would imagine putty would be the most difficult to get off the glass.
    I have been thinking of doing this with my fuge.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

I'm REALLY tempted to try this. I go to the lfs this weekend for water. I might be tempted to buy some, I'm sure it would be cheap. My parameters aren't at 0 yet but are close. I also don't have my light up yet but I think the xenia will be able to handle these conditions

10. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I wouldnt try xenia till everything is zero. They can be touchy. GSP's would be fine though. They would grow in a salted toilet if you left the bathroom light on.

11. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

LOL thats so true pack i dont think you can kill GSP you would really have to try

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I just did a trade with another local. He needed live rock to seed his system. All of my live rock in my sump is from my small system I tore down after my current system cycled.
    I pulled out a rock that was covered in GSP and even had a kenya tree. It has been in the sump, with NO light, for at least 5 months now. That stuff is just the cockroaches of coral.