Stacking rocks stress you out?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, May 24, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Stacking rocks stress you out?

1. Hell yes.

61.8%
  2. Not really.

23.5%
  3. I enjoy it.

14.7%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I've thrown some pretty big fits when trying to arrange rocks in my tank. ;D

This last weekend I rearranged EVERYTHING just to get my Monti Cap in moderate flow. I hate it. It looks unnatural now. I'll do it again this weekend. ::)

In the past when the whole house of cards came down from my tinkering I've made noises I've never heard before. :)

Do you have any rock stacking stories? Let's hear them!

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

They never go back together the way you want them to, do they. :) I had to pull my rocks out of my first saltwater tank for reasons I have since forgotten. It was a bit disturbing to find my blue chromis laying on the carpet once I put the last piece of rock back in the tank. The fish must have run for cover into one of the holes in the rock as I was pulling it out. I was pretty surprised that the fish "sprang" back to life shortly after I put it back in the tank.

4. JAFO

JAFO Astrea Snail

Stop looking at kitty

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Be nice or I'll sick Bubba on you.

6. Wendy

Wendy Astrea Snail

My stacking looks like a preschooler did it. (actually, I think a child could have done alot better...) I have no talent in that department.
    With time, comes experience, with experience comes knowledge, such as alcohol makes the rocks look good tonite, but come tomorrow...
    hahahahah

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I always try to stack my rocks to get more room...I might actually get to. I think im gona have to do a major hair cut for my colt...which might allow me to move some rocks.

8. Click Here!

9. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Oh Matt, a feeling I know all too well. I have taken portions of my reef down to re-arrange them until it looks right. I moved the rocks so much that I pissed all my corals off and by the end of the cherade, my tank was a mucus fest! ;D

10. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Yup...and who doesnt love the nice dust cloud when you move a rock that has been sitting there since day 1...LOVE IT!

11. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Oh yeah, that too! haha

12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Also! Dont u just love it when your moving the rocks, and your pinky hit one...then it wobbles (You become like a deer infront of a car) you watch it, and all your hard work comes crashing down. O man i love that XD