sps freaks

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by reef_guru, Jan 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I'll get them for you Buddy I can get them from Richmond as I made them a disk last time to keep for all their water needs and elemental conversions for the products we/they make in house their..

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Oh Cool I was going to ask then blanked in my last reply. Are you going to post them or e-mail/PM. How ever you do it. I'd like a copy too, Please

Thanks
    Jason

4. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

tang if you can post them here so everyone can see

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Thanks a bunch Roger.

6. Scott Osborne

Scott Osborne Feather Duster

I've been battling my reactors for years. Sometimes I can get my levels right with a proper pH sometimes not. About a year ago I took them both offline and started using a DIY three part. I think I will be using that from now on. I can keep all the levels high and my pH at 8.4. Only problem is that I need to get a peristalic pump to automate it.

I might at some point put the Nielsen reactor back on line. Might cut back on the 2.5 ounces a day that I dose of each.

On the 1k gallon tank project we've eliminated the Calc reactor. Were going to use a 4 pump Aquamedic unit to handle all the dosing. The fourth channel will more than likely end up feeding a Nielsen reactor. I sometimes wonder if all that co2 that people with high demands dose can be good for the tank. I wonder what that does to the redox?

7. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

i also have 2 quad aquamedic dosers being used

8. Click Here!

9. Scott Osborne

Scott Osborne Feather Duster

Do you like them? I need to order 3. One for me two for the 1k gallon.

10. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

been using them for years, the tubes are good for 3 million revolutions, and you might want to use a check valve on the output.

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey Otty, What are the dimensions of the PVC is it just 1 inch? Everything else I have.

I think I'll make this today

J

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

On average and just using DKH and round numbers if you raise the DKH up 3.0 dKH the calcium reactor then adds 20 ppm calcium. Simple put is If your tank starts out with a Dkh level of 8 and 320 ppm calcium, and you raise the Dkh to 11 then the Calcium will be near a level of 340 ppm This is a close avareage and if you go to Mg/L you can dial the incremental rises in ca. levels with every rise in alkalinity I think this is what you may want to know ?

Here are the Mg/L of the levels 1 Mq/L alkalinity 2.8 dKH the calcium reactor adds 20ppm calcium. If your tank starts out with 3 Mq/L alkalinity (8.4 dKH and 320 ppm calcium, and you raise the alkalinity to 4 mg/l 11.2 dKH using the calcium reactor, then the calcium level will only increase to 340 ppm!

Close is good with me and mine and thats about all you can expect from a Carbonate reactor as thats more of what they really are rather then a ca. reactor :) My calculator is broken :) But this will give you an idea as to what to expect and to dial in the PH and effulient rates ..If you want any ideas on how I dial them in ask away.. Back to the History Channel LOL