SPS Corals

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Jumper, Feb 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

An algae blenny will usually die once it eats all the algae in your tank, and it will do so very quickly in a 10g.

Free swimming fish is kinda vague, it really depends on what kind you're gonna get for anyone to give you an accurate answer. Anthias are free swimming fish, and so are chromis, but chromis can be fed twice a week, while most anthias need to be fed multiple times daily. You won't want anthias in a 10g, but theres not all too many free swimmers that should be put in a 10g beyond chromis and damsels.

2. Click Here!

3. Jumper

Jumper Feather Duster

Can't I feed algae pellets or spirulina? Also how about dottybacks for a 10g?

4. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I'm pretty sure they still usually die from starvation. That's pretty much what I hear frequently.

As for the dottyback, those guys can be more aggressive than damsels AFAIK. I don't know enough about their swimming habits to say that they can go in a 10g, either.

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

You answered my question...as stated, I only planned on doing this because I thought there was a ball valve between the two canisters...which there is not.