SPS coral care

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by stoney waters, Apr 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Wow, that's a lot to choose from. Thanks ;D

2. Click Here!

3. stoney waters

stoney waters Fire Shrimp

I have never herd of anything bad, most people I know like my lfs usually mixes it with something else, because of what was posted above, its more water than anything, I use rods witch is good IMO.

4. stoney waters

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Yeah, it's an interesting system. However, it's certainly not "all that". Some of us were able to build tanks like that looooong before zeovit, controllers, timed wavemakers, etc. Our best protein skimmers are a joke compared to what are available now. We lit our tanks with 6500k MH's and had 4 VHO actinics to make our tanks look WHITE. They certainly weren't blue. LOL The way to make a nice SPS tank is not to become an expert on the latest new product, it's all about understanding biology/biochem.

6. stoney waters

Inwall, im not saying the system is "all that" nor am I trying to become an expert on the latest newest products(I also like that guys tank who happends to use it). I am sorry if you think I was going that way but im not, im just trying to through options out thier, and to see what others think about how to keep happy healthy sps. I am also glad that you voiced your opinion on this product. I was saying that ZEOvit is a possible way to keep really nice sps reef tanks. I dont think you need all of the latest stuff such as ZEOvit(personally I think its a waste of money).

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I wasn't intending to say that you were. I clearly phrased my response inappropriately. Maybe I should have been more clear.

I will make it more clear now. Learn what makes these puppies tick before buying them. You will be rewarded. ;D

I love SPS.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. stoney waters

Yes that makes sense, I think i got the wrong impression the first time around.:cheesy:

10. stoney waters

Inwall, this is the goal of this thread, to know how to keep happy healthy sps, I already learned something from the first hour this thread began, and I hope some others did to. I would love for you to share all your information that will help other fellow reefers.

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

What cause SPS to 'brown-out'? Lets work through this. High nitrates nor high phosphates is a legitimate answer. If that is your answer, I need to know WHY they cause brown-outs.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Phosphates and or too little light.?