SPS and LPS compatiblity

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by nanomania, May 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Doctorgori

Doctorgori Flamingo Tongue

yet again another thread I'm following...
    somewhere, somehow there has gotta be a corals placement "matrix"...I mean we all see these amazing tanks with some of the more aggressive LPS's not far from other corals and I'm like go figure....

I've tried frogspawn, bubble and brain before with sps's and end up with a dead/damaged sps (IMHO its a tie which is worse with sweapers, brains or bubble)

BTW, nice tanks

2. Click Here!

3. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

I've seen a few matrixs around. Usually they are okay, but corals can vary so much, even within species. It's not just SPS either. When I was newer to the hobby, I had a frogspawn and hammer about 5" apart for a year or so, and out of the blue I learned the frogspawn could extend it's tentacles quite far if it wanted to, and it started attacking the hammer coral. I left them thinking euphyllia would have similar stings and they would give up eventually. It didn't work that way, I lost quite a few heads on the hammer and had to move it. At least in this case, they did both live though, I have frags of both in may tank now, many years latter as seen in this picture :)

[​IMG]

4. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

That's good to know. Everything I've read so far had indicated that Euphyllia species could be placed next to each other.

BTW nice looking tank. I really like the dark green SPS on the right. Is it a Green Acro?

1 person likes this.
  5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Thanks clonefarmer :) Yes, it is an acro, I'm not good with names and ids though LOL. Here is a shot from the other side however:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.