Splitting OR Dying?!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by ea7x, May 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Yeah, I think I would make sure it's getting good flow, but don't blast it of course, it should help make sure it's getting good oxygenated water and may help remove any dead tissue/slime etc.

2. Click Here!

3. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

I would move it to a low flow area. Also try feeding him some meaty food, if he eats then thats a good sign. Directly feeding a coral is a good way to bring it back into recovery.

4. ea7x

ea7x Plankton

Ok, would silverfish be sufficient? we're gonna try and direct feed him now. And, removing the tissue that is decaying would actually be helping him?
    -e

5. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

I dont know if I would mess around with the tissue you could make it even worse, as a last resort you could probably mess with it but dont chance it right now. Silversides are fine, just make sure that they arent too big, or it will just spit it back out.

6. ea7x

ea7x Plankton

R.I.P. plate coral. first casualty in the tank! I have no idea why it didn't make it after it was flourishing before.....everything else is doing amazing, I guess with the up come some downs lol thank u guys for trying to help!!!! see ya all around.....
    -e

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

that's what they do best! don't beat yourself up! happend to me three times lol