SpectraPure

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by arthur, Feb 4, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I have never known to disinfect the system and i couldn't find it on the spectrapure site. Can you point me in the right direction there?

2. Click Here!

3. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

I just read this or saw a video on it, but can't seem to find it now. They say to do it once a year. I just did it for the first time after 2 years of use.

4. mdbostwick

I found this link with the instructions on it. You might recognize the user who posted it.

5. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Spectrapure has their method on their site somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. If you do a search with my username and disinfection on any of the reef forums you will find my method as above. I have posted it hundreds of times over the last 15 years or so.

6. mdbostwick

The one I linked was a post of yours. :)

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. mdbostwick

Do you still recommend replacement of the carbon block every six months if you use well water, since there is no chlorine?

10. arthur

arthur Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thanks for that link. My SpectraPure Manual has only 23 pages… But I'm reading this and kind of confused… What that really does for a system? You clean only Filter housings? Is it only to help smoother cartridges changes?

11. arthur

arthur Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I really appreciate your time. Thank you. Now I know much more about it. There is only one thing I'm not sure. It is about ratio good to waste water. In Manual they say if Ratio is 6:1 or greater, you need to replace Flow Restrictor. My is pretty close 5.5:1. In manual they say for Ratio 4:1 length should be 6.5". My is around 7.5".? Anyway. If you want to change Ratio like from 3:1 to 4:1 it is easy you need to cut Flow Restrictor length but like in my case to go from 5,5:1 to 4:1 I need to add length to my Flow Restrictor. So I need to order the new one, right? Am I understand this right? Thanks.

12. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Az: Good morning

So I recently purchased a SpectraPure 90g 4stage unit six months ago and it suggest changing out the filters every 6 months if I undertand you correctly I should check and compare the TDS tap v RODI readings to better determine what if any filters I may need to change out. I currently do 20g water changes on my tank. Of the three membranes how can I determine which of the filters would I need to change out customarily? In your experience should I be looking at adding the Manual membrane flush valve for extended membrane life and performance?

1. High-capacity DI cartridge w/ custom blended ultra-pure deionization resins
    2. MicroTec long-life high-efficiency sediment pre-filter
    3. Carbon block pre-filter w/ 20,000 ppm-gal chlorine removal capacity

Thanks in advance forum

E