SpectraPure 3reef Member Sale

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice! Post pics when you get it! 8)
    There are a bunch of helpful threads on the SpectraPure board that I will be referring to when I get mine, FYI:
    SpectraPure - 3reef Forums

2. Click Here!

3. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The Spectrapure website has a wealth of information available. Along the top of the page you will find links to all their printed manuals, a large FAQ section and the best Tech Support section you will find anywhere. They have data on how to confgure or hook up any system imaginable. On the right side of the page you will find the same hook up information, a very nice education section and also a troubleshooting guide that is very helpful.

SpectraPure Water Purification Products

4. Jacwil

Jacwil Coral Banded Shrimp

AZ...I feel that you have tons of great knowledge about water quality. Which of their units would you recommend. I currently have a 37g mixed reef, a 5g that's cycling and a 120g RR that's ordered and I'm picking up tomorrow. I have no sumps atm but will be incorporating a basement sump that will tie the 37g and the new 120 together. The RO/DI unit would go in basement. Thx!

5. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I am told the MaxCap is very popular in NY state due to its excellent prefiltration capabilities. Many NY water sources are very old and were Grandfathered in by the EPA even though they provide little or no treatment partially due to their protected impoundments. The problem here is the partciulate or sediment loading is very high compared to other parts of the country and normal prefilters do not do a good job of protecting the RO membrane nor do they last long. If your water supply is like this I would even suggest upgrading to their 0.2 micron ZetaZorb prefilter. It has a smaller micron rating which means it traps more gunk but it also has 10x the surface area so you will probably see lower pressure drop and much longer filter life, not to mention longer RO membrane and acrbon block life too since they are protected better.
    I use the ZetaZorb in Phoenix and they last well over a year since we have little to no suspended solids or turbidity in our water supply. This also goes for the 0.5 micron carbon block since it is not having to act as a secondary prefilter like many vendors make it do. I test for chlorine breakthru occasionally but have seen no evidence yet and the carbon is also 13 months old and still ticking.

6. mikeHVAC

mikeHVAC Spaghetti Worm

I just purchased the Proplus this morning! i cant wait for it to get here so i can quit using flagstaff tap water....which isnt to bad actually. How long did it take them to ship it out?

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Congrats! I received mine in about a week.

8. Click Here!

9. SpectraPure

SpectraPure 3reef Sponsor

Thanks for your support. We really appreciate it. We try to treat each customer the way we would want to be treated, and make sure you get the best system for the money we can. Yes we do alot of things different- the list is pretty long. But to summarize, we build to order using only parts that have been extensively tested and that undergo in house at the manufacturer per our q/c requirements. Not many vendors spend the time and money to screen the products used to assemble these systems as we do. Plus, all of our membranes are treated in house with a proprietary treatment to enhance rejection and increase production. Ooops, I know. I start to sound like a commercial. But I am proud of what we do and make here. My name is on this company, so if there is a problem I take it very personally. If you ever feel like we are letting you down, contact me directly thru a pm on this board and I will do my best to take care of you as I would want to be taken care of. Service is more than making the product, its the follow up when things go wrong (and Murphy is alive and well) that makes the difference.
    Bruce

1 person likes this.
  10. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Awesome ordered mine last night.. can't wait. Did it take a week as in 7 days or 5 days to receive.. lol. Little anxious.. little anxious

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

12. Estee

Estee Bristle Worm

Can someone highlight the main differences between the ProPlus 90 and the MaxCap 90 setups? I'm looking for something easy to use through a regular garden hose (because my water storage is in the garage). What does the $100 buy me with the MaxCap?