special juice's 240 gallons of FOWLR glory!- Not so FOWLRish anymore!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by special juice, Sep 5, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. special juice

special juice Feather Duster

I went ahead and transferred the rock, water and fish from my 76g. yesterday. Everything went well except for one fish casualty. As soon as I removed my Melanarus Wrasse from the tank he went belly up. I'm not sure what happened, I was quick and gentle. I had that fish for over 2 years : (

As soon as I fired up my return pumps, I noticed that the water flowing into the overflow box is gushing in and it's really loud. It looks like if I raise the height of the standpipes that it might solve the issue.

More to come, including pics.

2. Click Here!

3. special juice

Everything is doing well in the new tank. Water parameters are stable and fish are getting used to their new surroundings. It is going to be a tough choice between watching a movie or watching the tank in this room.
    tank3.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Also, I ordered and received 1 Latticed Butterflyfish and 3 Heniochus Butterflyfish from Blue Zoo (I have had great experiences with them in the past) 1 Heniochus arrived DOA but everything else looks healthy and is eating well in quarantine. So I guess I have to decide if I should order one more Heni or just have a pair. I know that it is best to add them all at the same time so maybe
    I'll just stick with two.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

It would have to be an extremely intriguing show to keep my eye from wandering over to the tank, must be hell. :) I like the rock placement, offers a lot of room for your fish to swim. Fish are the focus of this tank right!

Hey is that Fox Terrier?

5. special juice

Keen eye! That is Charlie, my 15 year-old wire-haired Fox Terrier. I'm glad that you like the rock-work. I didn't want it to look like just a pile of rocks, but I didn't want it to be too artistic either since, like you said, the fish will be the focus.

6. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

No doubt! Everything looks completely awesome!! I love your scape and the whole set up. From the one angle, it looks to me like you can watch both - now, that's a sweet set up! ;)

8. Click Here!

9. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Very impressive! Following along...

10. special juice

I made an unplanned equipment purchase today. I have been struggling with my reef-keeper lite recently. The ATO switch has been activating randomly- not good. I was at an LFS and came across the IM Hydrofill pump and controller for $200 total, $100 cheaper than Marine Depot. So I'm going to hook it up tonight and well see how it works out. BTW- thanks for all of the encouragement on this tank so far, it is much appreciated! More to come.

11. the glass guy

the glass guy Flamingo Tongue

I think you just helped me convince my wife on that large of a tank.lol And for that i thank you! Your tank looks amazing the stain is prob the best color i have seen stand wise yet.can't wait for livestock pics

12. special juice

Wow! That's a huge complement. Thank you! Now I can share your comment with my wife and it will reassure her that this whole thing wasn't a colossal waste of time and money. Well played, sir! Let me know if you want the details on the stand if you are interested in ordering one. The price was surprisingly affordable.