special juice's 240 gallons of FOWLR glory!- Not so FOWLRish anymore!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by special juice, Sep 5, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

He has a three tank QT system in his store. One of the three tanks are usually empty and that's where my fish will go. I just transferred all the fish from my 75 over, so I'm waiting a few weeks before I add anything else. I only plan to add one more "big" fish and some sort of schooling fish. Everyone at my LFS are pushing me to add more, but like you I want plenty of room for what's already in there. The norm quote I hear "Dude, it's 300 gallons, you can fit anything in there".. I just don't see it. I really want an Annularis Angel, but I'm on the fence.

2. Click Here!

3. QuackAddict

QuackAddict Astrea Snail

Awesome to see a FOWLR like this, spent the last half hour going through all the posts! I really liked where you were going with the butterflies, too bad it didn't work out, but certainly picked good fish as "replacements"!!

4. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

I wanted some bannerfish/butterflies in my tank and my LFS warned me off of them because of these reasons. He said they are near impossible to keep so don't feel bad.

5. special juice

special juice Feather Duster

I hear the same thing from some people at one one of the LFS that I shop at. I think that they figure they can talk large tank owners into cramming as many fish into their tanks as possible. I think the Annularis is a good choice.

6. special juice

Thanks for the feedback. At one point I was really obsessed with having butterflies in the tank, but I'm happy with my current inhabitants. I can't wait to get my Maculosus out of QT- less than a week left.

7. QuackAddict

QuackAddict Astrea Snail

Is your Maculosus a white stripe or a yellow stripe variety?

8. Click Here!

9. special juice

Yellow stripe

10. QuackAddict

QuackAddict Astrea Snail

Those are super cool, and big! Can't wait to see him in your DT!

11. special juice

Thanks! Mine is about 4,1/2" (for now). Starting to change color.

12. special juice

Last fish added yesterday! (Maculosus Angel) Tank is stocked! Whooohoooo! Time to tear down a couple of QT tanks (I'll keep a 20 long running).