special juice's 240 gallons of FOWLR glory!- Not so FOWLRish anymore!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by special juice, Sep 5, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. special juice

special juice Feather Duster

Thanks! I am very excited to get the tangs in the tank...2 more weeks!

2. Click Here!

3. special juice

After 6 weeks of QT, I finally transferred my 3 tangs yesterday- Blonde Naso, Desjardini Sailfin and Yelow Eye Kole (Whom my wife has named "John Kole Tang"). This is the first tank where I have really followed any quarantine procedures and I am sold on it. Transferring fish from QT to a display tank is very different from acclimating them right from the store. In my experience so far, the fish have eaten sooner and adjusted to their surroundings more quickly.
    Anyway, here are some new pics. I could not get a decent one of John Kole Tang today because he was jut swimming to fast.
    4:7aqua1.jpg

4:7aqua2.jpg

4:7aqua3.jpg

4:7aqua4.jpg

4:7aqua5.jpg

Also, I ordered a 4" Maculosus Angel from NYAquatic yesterday. Will arrive tomorrow and go directly into QT.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

fish and tank are looking awesome!!

5. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

agreed! tank looks great and fish seem very happy:)

6. special juice

Thanks for the kind words! I have been trying to be as deliberate as possible with my stocking choices, planning on keeping it rather understocked. I have also been pretty good with water changes, replacing 35-40 gal. per week. I hope I can keep this tank in good shape for years to come.

7. special juice

I need more flow in my tank. One Vortech MP40 is not cutting it. I can't really afford another Vortech pump right now, especially since I just purchased my Maculosus Angel. So I just ordered two Jebao WP60's with dual controller from Reef Breeders. Based on the reviews I have read so far, they should provide more than enough flow.

8. Click Here!

9. special juice

One of my Clownfish disappeared yesterday. I took the canopy off to find it in the overflow chamber. I spent 20 minutes trying to grab the fish with a net, unsuccessfully. I closed the canopy thinking that I would try to capture him in the morning. As soon as I got the lid on, the fish magically reappeared back in the tank. Clownfish are wierd!

10. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Tank is looking GOOD man!!!! I bought five of these guys for my tank. Sadly it's the first time I didn't QT and one of them had ich. Spread to all my fish and luckily only the Blue Reef chromis and my Arc Eye Hawkfish died. NOTHING is going in my 300 without a steady QT. Your patience and following this thread is helping me be patient on my build! Luckily my LFS has a separate QT set up for my future orders. I don't have a big enough set up to QT the fish I am ordering.

11. special juice

Sorry about your ich outbreak. Dealing with that is no fun. That is great that your LFS is willing (and has the room) to QT your new fish. Is the tank that they will be using separate from their other systems? Are the willing to treat with medication for you if needed? I can't wait to see some of the other fish you choose to add to your 300g.

12. special juice

I got my new Jebao WP60's with dual controller up and running and this package is pretty impressive. I have the flow turned down to the lowest setting and it is creating more than enough turbulence throughout the entire tank. I would reccomend that anyone considerrping this pump go with the WP40 unless you have a 300g + tank. The new dual controller has some really great features. If my Vortech didn't have battery backup, it would be kicked to the curb.