special juice's 240 gallons of FOWLR glory!- Not so FOWLRish anymore!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by special juice, Sep 5, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

That is a good idea. Perhaps add a poll to gauge some actual numbers, some people will pick a poll option before they will post. Good idea special juice.

2. Click Here!

3. special juice

special juice Feather Duster

I finally found a LFS that carries the hikari angel food. Boy, there sure is a ton of sponge in there! I'm so glad I found it, and it wasn't terribly expensive, a tray was about $5.

Also, I have several fish in QT. I went from two quarantine tanks to three (76g, 20g, 20g long) in order to accommodate new additions. Pics to follow!

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

looking forward to the pics!

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

So what do you have in qt right now? What did you buy?

6. special juice

In QT right now:
    -3 Blue Reef Chromis (I needed some colorful dither fish)
    -Yellow Eye Kole Tang
    -Desjardini Sailfin Tang
    -Blonde Naso Tang (male)

7. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

some nice stuff.. lucky you

8. Click Here!

9. special juice

Thanks. I have, of course, deviated from my original stocklist but I think I've done okay. I will be adding only one more fish after this- Maculosus Angelfish.
    I hate overstocked tanks so my goal is to provide enough space to keep everyone happy in the long run. I know that eventually, the Naso may get too large but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  10. special juice

I spent a lot of time this weekend doing maintenance on all of my tanks including this one. I have decided that I will never try to keep 3 QT tanks running at the same time once I've transferred the current inhabitants over to the display tank. I feel like I'm constantly doing water changes and testing parameters. That being said, all fish in QT are doing well, and today is the day that my 3 Blue Reef Chromis get moved into the DT (I'm calling them the "Blue Man Group"). They have spent nearly 5 weeks in my 20g QT and I'm excited finally give them more space. My three tangs will finish copper treatment on Frday and have another 2weeks minimum before being transferred.

Also, I installed a Coralife Turbotwist 12x UV sterilizer in the sump. It is being driven by a Mag Drive 500 utility pump with the purpose being to reduce the chance of parasites. I know that hobbyists have mixed opinions on UV sterilizating but since Foster & Smith just lowered the price from $215 to $165, I decided to go for it.

That's all for now.

11. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Hey you owe us some pics... please ;D

12. special juice

I know...I think my toddler hid the charging cable for my good camera so I might have to just use my iPhone. I'll get some pics up ASAP.